Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a 150 mm O ring

• 10-09-2011 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

So herself is nagging me while I'm watching the Vuelta Espania and me on me holidays and she's going on about her iron now working, a Morphy richards Steam generating iron.

So I open it up, has a look around and open the steam generator to clean all the crud out of it and the seal ( O ring ) breaks in 3 parts.

It's 150 mm diameter, 6 inch in old money and about 3 m thick.

I've done a search on line and on ebay, can't find anything.

Any ideas? I'm thinking truck oil filter seal or something similar.

She want's her iron fixed.

Boards, don't let me down

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Do you have a model number?

Or could you make a new one with some instance gasket :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Try abbey seals they should have one to suit. Failing that you can buy o-ring material in 3mm, cut to length and bond the ends together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Try a motor factor or an engineering shop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

A 150 mm o ring for an iron, that's a 6ins ring, sure an iron isn't even that width?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

It's a jet stream elite. I've seen some o ring chord on eBay if all else fails
    fergal.b wrote: »
    Do you have a model number?

Or could you make a new one with some instance gasket :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

pm me and i'll send you a length out of my kit, you cut it to length with a razor and superglue it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

PM on the way to slavetothegrind.

This iron has a steam generator seperate to the iron which is what I took apart.
    The stuff slavetothegrid has will do the trick and I can tell her it's in hand. Still have a week's holidays to go so it should be back working for shirt ironing tiime (work).

Thanks all

Advertisement