Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script for my site ?

Options
  • 10-09-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I've an idea for a site and i've purchased the domain.

I'm just wondering if there is a script like it out there before i go getting one made.

I need people to sign up to the site and have a profile.

then they can upload there youtube videos into a competition and each month i pick a winner and there is a prize.

I was thinking a a social network script but not sure i could adapt one the way i need.

Then i was thinking a normal forums... But not sure. I'd need a main front page so advertise the competition. granted i could just make a page and link the forums into it.

Just wondering if anything has any ideas.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

NeVeR wrote: »

I'm just wondering if there is a script like it out there before i go getting one made.

then they can upload there youtube videos into a competition and each month i pick a winner and there is a prize.

I was thinking a a social network script but not sure i could adapt one the way i need.

Then i was thinking a normal forums... But not sure. I'd need a main front page so advertise the competition. granted i could just make a page and link the forums into it.

Cheers.

There are loads of video scripts out there for the likes of wordpress joomla e107 just google them or check there themes and plugins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Cheers.

why not just get them to send you a link to their youtube video?

will save jigabytes in storage space

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I want something user friendly..Sending links would work.. But i need to know which user entered which clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

I want something user friendly..Sending links would work.. But i need to know which user entered which clip.

So you get them to fill in a form, and you store their username in a database, with a datestamp, and a link to the video!

Groinshot wrote: »
    So you get them to fill in a form, and you store their username in a database, with a datestamp, and a link to the video!

But how ?.. I'm not a coder so i can't make scripts.

• Advertisement

But how ?.. I'm not a coder so i can't make scripts.

two options

1. Pay somebody

2. Learn how to do it yourself

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

Can i ask what your getting out of this by giving them prizes or are you one of those secret millionaires?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭willows

joomla + joomsocial addon, there you have a facebook look alike.

that would do the job I think.

john47832 wrote: »
    two options

1. Pay somebody

2. Learn how to do it yourself

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

Why even reply.. No one likes a smart ass
    cusackd wrote: »
    Can i ask what your getting out of this by giving them prizes or are you one of those secret millionaires?

I'll run the 1st 3-4 .. The prize wont cost more then €50. Once the site takes off i'll have sponsors.
    willows wrote: »
    joomla + joomsocial addon, there you have a facebook look alike.

that would do the job I think.

Thanks for the reply.

Why even reply.. No one likes a smart ass

was actually a reasonable response to your question - your sensitiveness to the answer probably explains your reluctance to learn how to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Folks,

If you have a problem with a post please use the Report Post function.

Thanks,
    E.P.

Advertisement