Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island a few questions

• 10-09-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I got Dead Island from Gamestop yday, i got the bonus dlc for pre ordering. Well there was no dlc on live which is ok i was expecting that, its not there until the end of Sep. But i did not have any dlc code in the box, was i meant to have one? I rang Gamestop earlier with the same question but i was talking to a complete spanner and they didnt answer my question. I also know the game was as buggy as hell, but Eurogamer said there was a day one patch, well i never got it. Did anybody on live get prompted to download a patch?

I also found 2 noticeable bugs on the 360.

1. Track quest does not show the pointer or trail to the destination. It only worked on 1 mission for me so far, Teddy Bear mission, and then it just works randomly on all other missions.

2. When trying to kill undead in life guard station teleported back outside the building twice when fighting zombies inside.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

To answer some of your questions...
    I got the dlc on a printed sheet of gamestop headed paper...
    As for the update,as far as I know that's just pc,due to an unfinished version of the game being released on Steam
    As for the tracker,if you're early in the game you may be getting caught out by what caught me out,that the main quest,though at the top of the list,isn't active until X is done much like Dead Rising. I've only had problems with the tracker in this case works fine for all side missions

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fuzzballs

Thanks for the reply. I didnt get the dlc so. I never got any headed paper with a dlc code on it. Your woman was trying to hard to sell me the stupid disc insurance to remember it, i said no twice and she was still hassling me. Ill have to go back and get it. As for the tracker i understand what you mean, i am still confused with the tracker for missons. I have two missons, that i cannot track at all, nothing shows up. It states the mission is in the resort, get to the jungle and do x and y. When i am in the resort and track it nothing happens, i am sure i have scoured every bit of that resort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fuzzballs wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I didnt get the dlc so. I never got any headed paper with a dlc code on it. Your woman was trying to hard to sell me the stupid disc insurance to remember it, i said no twice and she was still hassling me. Ill have to go back and get it. As for the tracker i understand what you mean, i am still confused with the tracker for missons. I have two missons, that i cannot track at all, nothing shows up. It states the mission is in the resort, get to the jungle and do x and y. When i am in the resort and track it nothing happens, i am sure i have scoured every bit of that resort.

The tracking is working fine for me except for that "find the crashed plane in the jungle mission" i thought that wasn't tracked because you had to find it yourself? could be wrong though. If it's not tracking any for you why don't you put a custom marker where you need to go? that way you'll still know where it is you're going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭WhiteRose90

I ordered my copy on Gamestops website and got an invoice and paper with the dlc code on it. You shouldn't have any problem getting it if you go down to the shop you got it from and explain everything. As for the tracking problem, the game is quite buggy at the moment. Though it could be something as simple as not clicking to track the mission in the quest screen either. I've done that lol. My boyfriend found out they're releasing a patch to fix all the problems in the game. Good thing too because he kept on getting stuck IN stairs trying to get out of a bathroom :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

I believe the Jungle section of the game is in Act 3 which is about 20 hours into the game. There is no order to the quests so you can accept them all but you can only complete them as you progress through the main story campaign!

There is no way point to the Jungle because you haven't found it yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok guys quick question looking for an honest opinion is this game worth buying or was all the scaremongering by critics justified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ok guys quick question looking for an honest opinion is this game worth buying or was all the scaremongering by critics justified?

Xbox? Ignore 99% of everything bad you've heard. My only niggle is matchmaking for multiplayer is not fun and works 1% of the time :(

If you liked borderlands and left for dead then this is worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

calex71 wrote: »
    Xbox? Ignore 99% of everything bad you've heard. My only niggle is matchmaking for multiplayer is not fun and works 1% of the time :(

If you liked borderlands and left for dead then this is worth a shot.
    nice one calex think i might get it now sure has to be worth a gamble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I got a dlc code printed in a sheet of paper aswell. I guess that's how they give pre-order bonuses now, cause i got the same with Resistance 3. About the quest not tracking, if you're talking about
    "Find Maggie Quest" don't worry that's normal you'll find her in Lighthouse

Advertisement