Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip Inn? Anyone try it?

Options
  • 10-09-2011 6:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭

Just seen it on headford rd beside richard hughes cycles. Not sure on the location but seems very reasonably priced. havent tried it as of yet wondering if anyone else has

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Walked in, saw the frozen chips, walked out again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

That bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The auld lad went in and got chips the week it opened as he was passing. He said they were rotten, tasted like paper i think was his verdict.

Its possibly the stupidest location for a chipper i could think of. No footfall for what they are selling, people coming from the carpark aren't going to stop there as its not in town as such and by the team you are going back to the car you have more than likely eaten in town. Clearly didn't work as a 'corner shop' so can't see how that will have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Terrible! Got a burger meal with sauce and cheese on the chips, when I got home, there was no sauce or cheese, on the 7 or 8 chips that were packed in with the burger in a burger case! Also, the guy there was wearing plastic gloves, and I could clearly see blood from one of his fingers pooling inside the glove!
    Also, no offence, but the 2 lads working there that night had literally NO English, could barely take my order. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cherylips

i thought the staff was really friendly! and the food was really tasty and vey well priced .. i go there at least three times a week!
    i think give it a try yourself and see!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Yeah, with one post. Likely.

Cherylips wrote: »
    i thought the staff was really friendly! and the food was really tasty and vey well priced .. i go there at least three times a week!
    Rookie move.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ChipInnShill

Cherylips wrote: »

+1 great spot!! :D

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Haha, this is actually happening. Worst. Marketing. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Place is always empty when I pass... I think this speaks volumes (if it was an amazing place people would go out of their way to go there)

It's a pitty as I love seeing people going out on a limb starting/opening their own business.

I wish them the best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Worst case of Shilling I think I've ever seen.

ChipInnShill obviously doesn't own/work in The Chip Inn and is unlikely to have ever eaten there.

Shocking :eek:

Cherylips looks genuine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shill lock

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement