Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a Wedding Ring (maybe lost a year or so ago!!)

Options
  • 10-09-2011 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need a bit of help, i discovered a wedding ring in our lost and found in work, it could have being there a year now or maybe even more, i work in a retail store in Waterford City, there is an inscription on the ring with the brides name and date of the wedding, its the grooms ring. I do not want to bin it!

I considered maybe ringing the marriage register office with the date and the first name of the bride, it might track the person down?? I know if it was my wedding ring i would be only too glad to get it back!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Register sounds like a good idea. Hope you find whoever lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭claireycork

The only problem there is they may not give details due to privacy and all that..... maybe the local radio...

Ask them to pass on your details maybe. At least then they won't have to give out other persons details.
    Radio be good. A little note on notice board in credit unions possibly.

Credit Union sounds good thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Try get it up on facebook and ask to spread the word. You will get the information to far more people there than anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

Hi all,

I need a bit of help, i discovered a wedding ring in our lost and found in work, it could have being there a year now or maybe even more, i work in a retail store in Waterford City, there is an inscription on the ring with the brides name and date of the wedding, its the grooms ring. I do not want to bin it!

I considered maybe ringing the marriage register office with the date and the first name of the bride, it might track the person down?? I know if it was my wedding ring i would be only too glad to get it back!

I'd say don't be shy about putting their name out there and you'll find them quicker. i.e. you could post their name here now and maybe through the small world that is Ireland, you'll track them down before you know it. I for one have friends in Waterford, you never know who might know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ I agree, post it up here. Had I lost my wedding ring I would only love for someone to try and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wheeltapper

Is the date on the ring Sept 23rd by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Post it up and if anyone comes looking just ask them to bring their marriage cert with them when they come to pick it up as at least that way you can be sure the right person gets it - hardly likely to be two people with the same name on the same date is there? Then again.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

No harm in getting in touch with local photographers as well to see if they shot the couple on the date. They would have records of what couples they shot on a particular date and might even have enquiries written down for the date too.

• Advertisement

- hardly likely to be two people with the same name on the same date is there? Then again.....:)

More than one with the same surname unless It's one of them feminists haha

Thanks guys, the name on the ring is Susan (its from her) and the date of the wedding..... put word out :)

Is the date on the ring Sept 23rd by any chance ?

im afraid not, the day, month and year is on it.... sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

seanybiker wrote: »
    Register sounds like a good idea. Hope you find whoever lost it.

Unless the poor devil wanted to lose it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Im sure they've replaced it by now.

shockwave wrote: »
    Probably but it would be nice to have the original.
    Guns and roses are ok now but they will never be as good as the original ones :pac:

shockwave wrote: »

Possible, but im sure they would be over the moon if it finds its way back...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Try Ray Darcy on TodayFM. Very similar story was on his show a while back, with success.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

You could try either:

http://www.wlrfm.com/lost-a-found.html

or

http://lost.ie/sub_categories/rings-engadgement-wedding/page/1

Very nice of you to try and get it back to its original owner!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

I lost my wedding ring on Honeymoon and although I replaced it, I would do anything for the original back.. so keep trying

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone- i have emailed the radio stations as advised, must ring the marriage registar today! i will keep you posted :)

Update..............

Emailed Today FM and WRL FM - put on lost and found, no work back yet. Also rang Marriage Registration office, apparently the date i gave them and the first name matchs 5 people that got married that day, one in wexford, donegal, enniscorthy etc, but they hadnt contact details for them!!! All out of ideas........... any suggestions!

Still no word from anyone guys!! any other suggestions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So the name is Susan and what was the date?

Was the registrar willing to give you the names and locations of the five couples whose first name matched? I can't imagine it'd be difficult to get the word out in their locality. If you did that, you'd surely be onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Hi all,

penty of cash for gold shops in town now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 michael joseph lynch kilkenny

Hi I lost a ring the brides name is Deirdre 22 June.could be my last chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Hi I lost a ring the brides name is Deirdre 22 June.could be my last chance

Sorry.

Name on ring is Susan.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Hi all,

Did you find it or was it handed in or someone pass it on to you ?? Its been a long time since the original post so I think by now its a lost cause sadly. If so then the original finder deserves the right to decide what to do with the ring be that you or someone else, its only fair that way. Same as for if it is claimed then the original finder deserves the credit for handing it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Hey what a brilliant story enjoyed reading the post's, one could start a serial post "searching for Susan", tried putting something on Facebook or Twitter, if you keep it going for a while you might just find the lucky person, and all credit to you for trying. Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Will put this on Facebook to see if there's any luck, hope you find them!

Advertisement