Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Boyle Missing CD

Options
  • 10-09-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Margo O'Donnell has released a CD called the Mary Boyle Story to raise funds for the search and recovery of Mary Boyle. the young six year old Rosses girl who went missing 34 years ago while visiting her Grandparents house in Cashelard ,Ballyshannon.

The CD is Available at Books and Charts Dungloe or by post from Shirley Jones, Castleblaney, Co Monaghan
    There is also copies available in Costcutters & Clarkes Newsagents on Letterkenny Main Street & hopefully i will try to get some more copies into more Newsagents in Letterkenny in the coming weeks as i recieve more supplies so please keep your eyes peeled for them & i will update here when i do get them hopefully to more stores.

The price of the CD is €5 at the shops. and it is a €1 extra to cover post and packaging or whatever you would like to donate if you are ordering by post.

Whatever money is left over after the recovery of Mary will be donated to help find another missing person. The Boyle family would like to thank Margo for all her hard work and also anyone who helped with the CD and anyone who has helped in the search for Mary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

34 years? I don't want to be pessimistic here but I'd call that a lost cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Fibbles mate its not the time or the place to get into this conversation,, but for your information my auntie (Mary's mother) realises the fact that my cousin will almost definitley not be alive but she would like to have her body recovered to give her a proper burial as would any parent.

Now thats what this CD is being sold for..in the hope of funding the recovery..& thats why i have posted here ..not to get into these details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I will be getting one anyway Hope it raises a lot of cash to help with the search

I will be getting one anyway Hope it raises a lot of cash to help with the search

Thanks for the support Broxi we had our petty argument over football before off course ;) but these things puts all that stuff into perspective.. so thanks again!

I'm sorry, I can't even imagine being in your aunties position. I wish you all the best in your search, no matter what the result.

• Advertisement

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Thanks for the support Broxi we had our petty argument over football before off course ;) but these things puts all that stuff into perspective.. so thanks again!

Hey an argument over football is nothing and to be honest ours was tame compared to some I have with my mates who are in the main Tic fans as I line in Keadue I also know some family members.

As I say I hope it is a success and some closure can be brought to the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Will pick one up during the week, good luck in the search, hope the donations help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

Why did I read the thread title as "Mary Boyle missing cross-dresser".....

inode wrote: »
    Why did I read the thread title as "Mary Boyle missing cross-dresser".....
    I dunno maybe because your obviously a ****ing idiot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

There's no need to take that tone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

inode wrote: »

There's no need to take that tone :rolleyes:
    To be fair there is every need at times to take that tone as you call it if you had nothing decent to say would it not be better just not to say anything

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

inode banned for 2 weeks.

Thanks Muffler & thanks to everyone for there support.

I shouldve known id get the odd sarky comment when posting this online but its still hard not to react when its your own family & especially a child at that.

Im not one of these pushy charity types as anyone who knows me will testify..ive never done anything like this before.. im just trying to do what i can in any way to help members of my family who have had this awful not-knowing hanging over them for 34 years.

In the next few days im recieving a lot more CDs so hopefully soon every Newsagent & Charity shop in Letterkenny will have some for sale by the end of the week.

I know Margo might not be to everyones taste.. (shes a great singer but she wouldnt be in my own CD collection before now) but im sure theres plenty of mums..grans ..aunties out there would appreciate a copy of this CD & every single Cent goes into the hunt in searching for Marys remains & anything left if she is found goes directly into the hunt for other missing people.

So anyway thanks again guys for all the support & ill give a wee update later in the week of all the shops who are able to stock some supplies!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks Muffler & thanks to everyone for there support.

I shouldve known id get the odd sarky comment when posting this online but its still hard not to react when its your own family & especially a child at that.

Im not one of these pushy charity types as anyone who knows me will testify..ive never done anything like this before.. im just trying to do what i can in any way to help members of my family who have had this awful not-knowing hanging over them for 34 years.

In the next few days im recieving a lot more CDs so hopefully soon every Newsagent & Charity shop in Letterkenny will have some for sale by the end of the week.

I know Margo might not be to everyones taste.. (shes a great singer but she wouldnt be in my own CD collection before now) but im sure theres plenty of mums..grans ..aunties out there would appreciate a copy of this CD & every single Cent goes into the hunt in searching for Marys remains & anything left if she is found goes directly into the hunt for other missing people.

So anyway thanks again guys for all the support & ill give a wee update later in the week of all the shops who are able to stock some supplies!

I was talking to Ann, her sister last Sunday in Edenderry and got some CD's from her, it's a beautiful song. I hope and pray that both the fund-raising and the search will have a positive outcome.

Glenman wrote: »
    I was talking to Ann, her sister last Sunday in Edenderry and got some CD's from her, it's a beautiful song. I hope and pray that both the fund-raising and the search will have a positive outcome.
    Thank you Glenman very much for your suppport i now have the CDs in the following stores throughout Letterkenny- "Link" in the Courtyard, Easons main street, Universal Records , Blacks Centra , Checkout @ old dunnes roundabout, Costcutters Main st , Pound & Pence Main st, Irish Wheelchair Charity Shop port road, Good & Used Charity shop & hopefully in more stores to come.

Wee update on this i have now collected the unsold CDs & moneys for this from all the shops who stocked it ( who id like to thank very much for helping me out except Blacks Centra which managed to lose 3 CDs & wont refund me for them as it was & i quote "my fault") but a big thank you to everyone who took time & gave there hard earned cash to a great cause!! thank you very much!!!

Hopefully it went well :)

Sounds about right for Blacks Centra.

Advertisement