Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Road at 60KMH!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

it was a slight tap on the brake and then switched to handbrake. just want to make a point.also wasnt in any way pushing hard.not that stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

d3exile wrote: »
    Apologies

"Break checking can be fun if you can take off quick enough for them not to hit into the back of ya."

And it's dangerous
    And stupid
    And any dope that does it deserves every bit of damage done to their car and the resulting dangerous driving prosecution they would get from it if caught in the act.

Good man.
    where did i mention a car ?
    Should possibly go to specsavers kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

seanybiker wrote: »
    where did i mention a car ?
    Should possibly go to specsavers kid.

Patronising or what? You are still wrong.

looksee wrote: »

I also never mentioned it was right :pac: :pac:

To easy. I quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not clever Sean! The rear fog lights work better anyway.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Not clever Sean! The rear fog lights work better anyway.

Don't have them on bikes. :'(

I know It's not clever, in fairness though if your on something that can get upto passed the speed limit in a blink of an eye , then it can be annoying for the muppet behind you if ya break check them. I presume It's annoying anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah yes seanybiker not seanysalooncar :o

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah yes seanybiker not seanysalooncar :o
    In reality It's seanynobike at the moment but i couldn't admit that earlier haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

seanybiker wrote: »
    In reality It's seanynobike at the moment but i couldn't admit that earlier haha.

Seanywalker?

longshanks wrote: »
    Seanywalker?

No license.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

cococoady wrote: »
    Pulling up ur handbrake slightly will frighten the ****e outta people who tailgate dangerously and aggressivly more than anything else

What does that do?

If someone is tailgating I normally just gradually slow right down for a bit, and then bring my speed back up to the proper level. The tailgater normally takes the hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

dayshah wrote: »
    What does that do?

It slows you down without them realising and frightenes the bejasus outta them. They soon get the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

looksee wrote: »

If someone is driving recklessly behind you, isn't slowing down the safest thing to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

I had the same problem this morning, I was stuck behind a Volvo this morning doing between 50 - 60 kms the whole way in the road, which was bad enough, but then they kept swaying between the hard shoulder line and the white line in the middle of the road, and when someone was finally able to overtake him, he actually brought his car right over to the white line causing the car that was overtaking to go way out on the otherside of the road. By the time we got to the half way house there was easily 10-15 cars stuck behind him. I wasn't taking any chances cause as they say i would rather be a live coward than a dead hero.. but it is very frustrating and in my eyes absolutely no need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mrsmiawallace6

There is nothing more annoying

I am a micra driver but i dont drive stupid slow for no reason. Not all micra drivers are muppets. For some of us its the only car we can afford.

Coming in tat road been stuck doing 60 is awful. I know there is not much diff in the time it takes ya to get there but but it still gets my back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I am a micra driver but i dont drive stupid slow for no reason. Not all micra drivers are muppets. For some of us its the only car we can afford.

Coming in tat road been stuck doing 60 is awful. I know there is not much diff in the time it takes ya to get there but but it still gets my back up.

There's 2 types of micra driver....there's people like you who actually drive the car:p and then there's anyone over 65 with their brand new 2011, revving the **** out of it in 1st gear and dont go above 20kph anywhere they drive!! There the ones who really annoy me!!:mad:

I used to drive me mothers micra about 10 years ago when I started driving. Grand cars in my opinion. I drove the nuts outta the poor thing. It took some abuse.
    Mother didn't want me ever getting a motorbike. Crashed the micra and had me first road bike a week or two later, woo.
    Stick with the micra and if people take the piss just tell them to go fork themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

haha good man seany. i drives a micra myself. beast of a machine. bit depressing though when your floatin up the motorway thinking your in nascar and some fecker in a bmw spins past ya at ease ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Drivers will have to realise that 60kph or indeed 80 kph is not a target , and you must still drive , taking into consideration road conditions and other road users .

Next time you drive on the Waterford -Tramore road , look out for the memorials .

According to this website , there are 11 between Waterford and Tramore :

There are eleven memorials between Waterford city and the popular seaside resort of Tramore, a distance of six miles

http://www.irishroadside.com/tramore.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I had a Micra for 5 years and drove the crap out of too, I made a profit every time I claimed mileage.

Yes, there have been may fatal crashed on that road but without referring to any accident, most happened at a time when the drink drive limit wasnt enforced.

I used to live near Katie Reily's and often saw car drove pass doing over 100mph, (in my opinion).

They should look into making the road a 2+1 with a 80Km limit, that really works well in the N24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Uncle Gaybo says you are safer driving @ 30 40kmph :)

Advertisement