Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get a pitbull for free

Options
  • 10-09-2011 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

were can i get 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Interesting first post.

Check out links like these

http://www.akc.org/public_education/responsible_dog_owner.cfm
    http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/responsibledogownership
    http://irelandspitbulls.friendhood.net/

Then, there really is no thing as a free dog, and rightly so. Most shelters will ask for donations to cover their costs and upkeep.

There are large costs involved with owning any sort of dog. Vets fees, insurance and food etc, all add up. If you are bothered with initial cost, i'd recommend reconsidering getting a dog.

If you were just trolling, it's been done, to death.

Check out the shelter websites, and forum and association ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jb4ever

thanks for them links. oh ye i know about pet food and all. would pet shelters take 10 euro donation?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I presume you're going to comply with The Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 (S.I. No. 442 of 1998).

I think there should be a very difficult licence to own these dogs. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

jb4ever wrote: »
    thanks for them links. oh ye i know about pet food and all. would pet shelters take 10 euro donation?

No.

100e+. ( rightfully so )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I presume you're going to comply with The Control of Dogs Regulations 1998 (S.I. No. 442 of 1998).

I think there should be a very difficult licence to own these dogs. Ridiculous.

Why? They're not a hard breed to own, they mostly get their rep from owners... Once you train the dog and are a responsible owner they are just as good as any other dog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'll trade you one for a mint pair of Reebok Classics and a sovy ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

stovelid wrote: »
    I'll trade you one for a mint pair of Reebok Classics and a sovy ring.

Dont talk bad about reebok classics,they were great runners back in the day,i had about 3 or 4 pairs of them growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

if this person is only willing to hand over ten euro, is he going to get the licence, could anyother breed , say a collie, a king charles,

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Funny enough i have a dog 6 years and never had a licence

then 2 weeks ago osme guy knocks on the door askin if we have a licence and trying to sell us one, was about 13 euro for 1 year i think so had to buy it,wasnt much at all.

i thought someone had ratted on me but apparently he was goin around all the houses in the area,he had a list of addresses and people who had dogs and licences

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

were can i get 1?

To be honest with you if you can't really afford to buy a dog you probably can't afford to keep them, there's a lot to consider financially. I have two pitbulls and they're fantastic family pets but I did my homework before I got them so I knew exactly what kind of temperament I would be dealing with, for instance because of their genetic make up some can be prone to dog aggression,neither of mine are but I took the necessary precautions just in case, the majority of "pitbull" owners are not responsible and this is where the bad rep comes from. My advice is research the breed, save up some money and get from the most reputable breeder you can find(not too easy) or alternatively go to one of the rescues named.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jb4ever

i just think they are cool dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

January wrote: »
    Why? They're not a hard breed to own, they mostly get their rep from owners... Once you train the dog and are a responsible owner they are just as good as any other dog.
    Yep, so the responsible owners will be able to pass a stricter licence while those akin to the OP will not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

There are lots of cool things in life: coke, hookers, etc.

Unfortunately very few of them come "free".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

were can i get 1?

Are you sure you have tried every other avenue for companionship? Isn't a pitbull a bit of a last resort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I won't insult the people in the Animals & Pets forum by moving this idiotic thread.. Locked instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement