Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Speed drop no explanation?

• 10-09-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi all i first noticed this about 3 days ago when my download speed dropped from about 2.5mb/s to 1.5mb/s. Now today im only getting 1mb/s yet my upload speed is staying the same? Im on UPC 25mb connection. Anyone else having this problem? I tried restarting the router so don't know what could be the problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

supposed to be on 20mb but last few days only getting 5mb download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

So maybe its their end.....1.6mb/s download now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

100mb package,

1476533287.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

25 Meg

1476539390.png

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭RintPete

Same problem here in Galway.
    Getting 3Mbit from my (usually reliable) 25Mbit package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Mine as of this morning(in Sligo)

1477071626.png

It went back to normal at about 11 last night..i thought UPC was meant to be congestion free that seems to be the likely cause of the problem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Qwikpix

Bit of a problem a week or so ago - outside tap had to be replaced because of intermittent fault. This is this morning's speed test on my 50MB/s connection:

http://speedtest.net/result/1477288098.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i hate to sound like a broken record, but how many of the people who are having problems have reported it to UPC?

i know it sucks to have to call their 1st line support and go through all the testing BS, but generally, where multiple users are having issues, the first an ISP will see of it is in a trend in their customer support calls and the more reports they get, the easier it will be to track down the source of the problems.

if you really can't stand talking to them then email them afte rthe first call if it doesn't get resolved so there is at least an ongoing log of your issues. that way, if it goes on for a while, you've got evidence of your continued contact with them and they are much more likely to comp you a month or mores free broadband as an apology if you've had ongoing issues.

no issues for me in navan though anyway on 100mbps.

1478521374.png

EDIT: now that's interesting. i just noticed that my speedtest now says faster than 98% of IE instead of the 99% it's been saying since i got the 100mbps. i guess a lot of people are taking it up. :)

1478940215.png

In Navan on the 100mb package aswell. Rang customer service on Friday and they adjusted a few settings on their end and I was close to 100mb again. They said that if it drops down again that I will need to get the line replaced. When they first installed the line, they had to replace it straight away because of the same issue. When they replaced it it all satrted working again, but now im back to these stone age speeds. How could the line be "bad" two times in a row, surely it isn't common?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

How much of Navan can get UPC by the way? I thought it was only the housing estates in the south towards Kilcarn.

• Advertisement

How much of Navan can get UPC by the way? I thought it was only the housing estates in the south towards Kilcarn.

A couple of apartment blocks can aswell like Distillery Quay and all around that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Wireless 25meg Dublin west

1479349296.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i have a mate up around the Balreask area just off the trim road who has UPC broadband, although I'm not sure if they have 100mbps available there yet or just up to the 30mbps.

Advertisement