Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't Laugh

• 10-09-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭

I'm getting so weak now if I can't start my chainsaw in the first few pulls, I have to get a neighbour to start it for me, Is there such a thing as a chainsaw with an electric starter ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

colrow wrote: »
    I'm getting so weak now if I can't start my chainsaw in the first few pulls, I have to get a neighbour to start it for me, Is there such a thing as a chainsaw with an electric starter ?

My own saw has a decompression button which makes life easier when starting.
    The bigger picture though in my mind is this: If I was getting weak trying to start a chainsaw, I'd be wondering was my body trying to tell me, not to bother starting it. You want to be in the whole of your health using a saw, what about a visit to the Doc to eliminate anything medical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

What about the electric saws which lidl do?
    A neighbour who is getting on in years swears by it, no messing pulling the cord, no noisy smelly saw...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

No not that I know of anyway, the battery would make it to heavy and they are heavy enough after a few hours or a days work anyway.
    I agree with Bizzum though accidents happen when people get tired and chainsaw work is hard work, if you are not up to it let someone who is do the cutting. I dont think you can have a small accident with a chainsaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Thanks boys ;)

I didn't think there was one, my jobs not very physical working with computors and I've been away a lot over the past 2 years, so I haven't kept up messing about with stuff at home.

I've got a Sthil, I'll have a look see if they do an electric one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I heard of tree surgeons using push button start chainsaws so I just googled it
    turns out there is such a thing
    http://www.gardenequipment.com.sg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=1
    there are also battery chainsaws like a cordless drill for light work
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkaQJJTD7r8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

locky76 wrote: »
    What about the electric saws which lidl do?
    A neighbour who is getting on in years swears by it, no messing pulling the cord, no noisy smelly saw...
    I've used one of these, great job. They stop instantly when you let go of the throttle too. Ideal for someone just logging timber in the back yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

what about the new magic/easy start ones from stihl?was sawing with an 67 year old man last week for 2 days solid and he had one and it takes no pressure to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

I also got a rundown of a saw that starts with a button, a stihl, coz my chainsaw is a b***h to start. It cost around €600 so I'm going to put it on my Christmas list!!! Stanta to bring it is the only hope I've got of getting it. My OH starts my saw for me, leaves me to the cutting and comes back in about an hour as that's about as far as a fill of petrol does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

I think this is what you are looking for.
    If you can't start a saw maybe you should reconsider using one !

That sounds the job for me, I can manage the chainsawing ok, I've learn't how to sharpen the chain pretty well, so I don't have to try and push the saw through the wood like I used to, saved a few bob on getting it sharpened as well.

Thanks for reminding me about my health as well, I usually go at things full pelt, but I can't do that anymore, just small bite size chunks, and do you know I think I actually achieve more.

• Advertisement

I got a Stihl 250 c ergo start today, it starts really easy, no jerking, it feels strange though, pulling the cord I thought I'd not pulled hard enuff, and when I let it go it burst into life. I'm going out to try it when it stops raining ;) wouldn't want to get my new saw wet.

I'm on three weeks leave and I was going to do loads of stuff, but the bastids phoned me on Monday, and I'm going away again on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Make sure the air fillers are well cleaned out and very now and then the fuel fillter , easy pizey :D

Advertisement