Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Train the Trainer

• 10-09-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was doing a day course for work last week through FAS and after the class the Tutor approached me and suggested that I look into doing the 'Train the Trainer' course. She said she felt with my experience and qualifications (I have 2 overall fetac level 5 awards), along with my personality that I would possibly make a good trainer delivering Fetac modules up to level 5.
    I contacted a place that does such course to see if all of what she told me was possible and they agreed. Saying that there is always a demand for trainers, and once you do the course you can be registered as such with Fetac and are in a position to apply to private companies to deliver modules on their behalf, in a sub-contractor role.

Question 1:
    Is it possible to deliver Fetac modules without any other teaching experience or qualifications?

Question 2:
    Is there work out there for somebody new to it, or is it hard to break into?

I'd really appreciate any advice on this, as I really don't want to do (yet again) another course that won't stand to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Thetrainer

FAS require all trainers and training companies who deliver training to have a train the trainer qualification at Fetac Level 6 or higher. this is only one string to your bow you also need a formal qualification at at least one level higher the qualification you are training. There are alot of highly qualified trainers sub contracting FAS work

Don't think VEC's are as stringent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thetrainer wrote: »
    FAS require all trainers and training companies who deliver training to have a train the trainer qualification at Fetac Level 6 or higher. this is only one string to your bow you also need a formal qualification at at least one level higher the qualification you are training. There are alot of highly qualified trainers sub contracting FAS work

Don't think VEC's are as stringent

Thanks for your reply. So can I just clarify, when you say formal qualification,do you mean a fetac award?

Sorry am just finding the whole thing quite confusing, and fetac or Fas didn't prove to be very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Thetrainer

lady

Certs/Diploma and Degrees or higher in relevant disciplines usually accredited by HETAC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thetrainer wrote: »
    lady

Certs/Diploma and Degrees or higher in relevant disciplines usually accredited by HETAC

Ah ok thank-you, am disappointed but at least I didn't waste my time doing it so! Obviously the trainer I spoke to was just giving a sales pitch.

Advertisement