Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it worth doing up?

• 10-09-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I took this off a neighbour who was throwing it away, is it worth doing up? And if so what would you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

doseire wrote: »
    I took this off a neighbour who was throwing it away, is it worth doing up? And if so what would you do?

Does it list what tubing it's made of, or a model? Any numbers on the bottom bracket?

For what it's worth, I think most frames are worth having a go at a refurb. The quality of the frame and how it rests presently are the biggest factors and inform how much money/time to spend on the refurb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

That would make a nice commuter.
    You can refurb it, but only if you can get the parts out. If they're shut to the frame and you damage the frame while trying to remove them, the frame will become useless. If it aint broke don't fix it and dont buy anything in before you know the frame isn't damaged.

Only do it up if you know someone (or yourself) that would like to have it.
    I dont see any rust, even the tyres aren't flat? Does it need anything?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd take it off your hands if its too much hassle :P

(not a joke by the way)

Advertisement