Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Laguna

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

doesn't seem overly cheap but priced correctly as they are still suffering from the old model unreliability image.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

cheap for a reason........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

MidlandsM wrote: »
    cheap for a reason........

Probably because it's a swimmer!! Doesn't say anything about vrt so you could get caught for another few grand if it's not already paid.

I would think folks would prefer them with leather and decent looking alloys etc, it looks a boggo one at a glance, now Lagunas are not my field of expertise so I may be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Probably because it's a swimmer!! Doesn't say anything about vrt so you could get caught for another few grand if it's not already paid.

Seller says it will come with 6 months tax.....Irish I'm guessing (T&C'S )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Ok forgive my lack of knowledge in motor lingo

What is a swimmer?
    it looks a boggo one at a glance,

What is a boggo?

Ok forgive my lack of knowledge in motor lingo

What is a swimmer?

What is a boggo?

Swimmer is a car over from the UK.

Boggo, is bog standard spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's a "Royale" spec. It's the lowest one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Dub XV wrote: »
    Seller says it will come with 6 months tax.....Irish I'm guessing (T&C'S )

Typical Irish pay the tax when its 78 quid... :D

Also you can just about see big letters in the first pic, swimmer it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

It's a "Royale" spec. It's the lowest one.

Oops, copied wrong link. This is the correct one.

http://www.ascars.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=694547
    Swimmer is a car over from the UK.

Boggo, is bog standard spec.

Thanking you

• Advertisement

You are correct :)
    no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

UK regplate on the front.
    Dunno is the price inclusive of the VRT or not though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Oops, copied wrong link. This is the correct one.

http://www.ascars.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=694547

Thanking you

Cool. The pics on carzone show it with uk plates. Seems to have been cleared. Looks nice but going in previous lacuna reliability I wouldn't touch one. The newer one might be better but I'd prefer not to find out by buying one as they can be pricey to fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Cool. The pics on carzone show it with uk plates. Seems to have been cleared. Looks nice but going in previous lacuna reliability I wouldn't touch one. The newer one might be better but I'd prefer not to find out by buying one as they can be pricey to fix.

I'm NOT a Renault fan... just ask the resident Renault fan BrianD3 with whom I've had a few 'debates'!

However I do remember CAR running an in-depth article on how Renault pulled out all the stops on durability testing of the current Laguna before it was launched. And I don't think the reliability stats are too bad.

I drove one a couple of years ago. I actually quite liked it - it surprised me. For me, that's like admitting I kinda fancy Joan Burton.

Thing is, if the reputation is bad but the car quite good it should be cracking secondhand value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€9/10k is about the going rate for a 08 Laguna III 1.5 dci. The dark one looks a bit jaded for a car with only 60k miles. The silver one is higher spec and looks fresher imo.

Advertisement