Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weanling's coughing

• 10-09-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

plan to wean some calves in about 3 weeks but notice some are coughing a bit they have been done twice with pour-on a few weeks since last treatment,i thought they would be clear of lung-worms now, if i do them again should this clear it?? i sometimes wonder are pour-ons any gud for anything other than lice..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

I find Panacure very good for this problem. Its a bit more hassle to dose them Verse the pour on but I get far better results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

could be a touch of a virus in which case it will have to take it's course,

you didn't say which pour on you used ? if you have used one of the ivermctin, I would try Dectomax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I would try an oral drench...
    I'm suspect enough about absorption of pour-on's.. Couple that with the showery weather and I think a drench would be surer to hit the spot..

Unless as mentioned it's a virus.. Then more pour-on and drenches is money wasted..

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Calves are perfectly healthy otherwise, Noromectin is the name of the pour on i used, its probably 6 or 7 weeks since last treatment,so maybe its time for another,was gona inject with ivormectin 2moro

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

took them all in y.day they all have temps of 103/104 with one up at 106,vet gave me a shot for them all, will take temps again this eve, they are all eating and sucking,so will just keep an eye on them

• Advertisement
Advertisement