Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Rights

Options
  • 10-09-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

I need to be able to upload something into one of my folders in webapps after installing joomla, but telling me i have no access rights to so this.........how do i get access rights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sounds like a permissions issue. If you contact our support desk with the exact details ie. domain, directory etc., they should be able to change the permissions for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

got it sorted thank you........on another note, joomla 1.7 is installed when i add the web applicationn but the template i need to use is for 1.6. Is there anyway of having 1.6 installed instead?

Older versions of CMS usually have security issues, so we wouldn't support them.

ah crap!..........can i manually install 1.6 to my domain?

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    ah crap!..........can i manually install 1.6 to my domain?
    Joomla 1.6 is not supported by anyone anymore:
    http://developer.joomla.org/development-status.html

• Advertisement

ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭willows

Joomla 1.5.23 is the latest 1.5 version and is supported with security patches thru to May 2012.

willows wrote: »
    Joomla 1.5.23 is the latest 1.5 version and is supported with security patches thru to May 2012.

Yeah I saw that. 1.6 is EOL.

Advertisement