Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help in setting new motherboard

Options
  • 10-09-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Heloo guys I got a AliveNF6G motherboard and I have some issues setting this is up.

I dont have my power supply and cpu which i will get next week but I thought I would do some stuff before I got them.

So my old CPU case had to switch knobs one to power on and one for standby or restart this can be configured in the settings.
    So the question is where do i connect this cables to ?

A description of the cable is this.

Two thin cables joined together = power switch
    Two thin cables joined together = reset switch

another cable popping up near the power on and reset button are 2 thin cables joined together, the led light cables which are labelled +led and -led along with H.D.D led cable.

wow, thanks I really need your help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

http://europe.asrock.com/downloadsite/manual/ALiveNF6G-VSTA.pdf

RTFM........ (would be a great start)

Page 10 of the manual gives you the motherboard layout chart.

Have a look for the "system panel header" (panel 1) (these will be the series of pins you will be connecting the cable to)

EXTRA HINT: page 21.

Seriously read the manual it will tell you what you need to know about installing cpu, ram, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

thanks for the reply i read the manual but to me its like advanced maths.

so i need help in making sense of it.

I have just seen it.

What is my GND cable ?

thanks for the reply i read the manual but to me its like advanced maths.

so i need help in making sense of it.

I have just seen it.

What is my GND cable ?

Grounding pin I am guessing :-)

Each hat switch will have markings, usually + & - you put the + side on the plus pin and the - side on the minus pin.

In the case of the power and reset button hatswitchs, I would say you will be putting them in horizontal, inline with the other switches, what ever is marked as the primary pin put on the pin marked power or reset. (consider the gnd as the minus I guess?)

tbh ignore the leds at the start, put the power button hatswitch down first and test to see if the pc starts, if this fails reverse the hatswitch and try again. A bit of trial and error will get you through.

Fitting the hatswitches is more annoying and fiddly than anything else.

I don't know how to find the GND button.

On page 21 its says that the reset button has 1 hole my reset cable has 2 holes.

The PWRBTN# I am guessing its the power switch, it has one hold on the diagram, my power switch cables has 2 wires.

so this is what i noticed.. the reset button and power both have white cables on along with a different colors for the other cables orange and blue respectively.

I am guessing that the whites ones are GND,

am i right ?

so this is what i noticed.. the reset button and power both have white cables on along with a different colors for the other cables orange and blue respectively.

I am guessing that the whites ones are GND,

am i right ?

Spot on: White ones are usually GND :D

You have the idea now, again it's a fiddly task hooking up the buttons to the motherboard just take your time and if the button doesn't work, reverse the hat switch and test again.

• Advertisement

thanks i have connected the cables properly.

The next thing that bothers me is the jumper cable ?

its says

Note: To select +5VSB, it requires 2 Amp and higher standby current provided by power supply.

what does this mean ?

I would like to use the standby feature.

Advertisement