Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day after wedding,casual venue?

Options
  • 10-09-2011 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent pub that will put on finger food for about 40 on a Sunday in November after a wedding.Not from Kilkenny but had a quick look today-checked out Matt the millers cellar bar,not bad and Kytelers which personally I thought was nicer.But I just read on another post here that there was a massive row in Kytelers a few weeks ago??Is it a rough pub?I liked the fact that they have live music in courtyard and then an acoustic guy in the bar afterwards.Owner/manager guy seemed nice also.Is it worth a shot or is there better places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Ah Kytlers is grand - it's not rough at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Personally I'd go to the left bank.. They have a "snug" type area in the back which would be perfect for a group of around 40, it also should be relatively quiet on a Sunday evening. Give them a shout and I'm sure they will do you a deal on the finger food when bringing a crowd like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    Personally I'd go to the left bank.
    I heard it's a popular spot.It may be a bit too young and trendy for some of our crowd-we'll have a few oldies with us!Does it have live music on a Sunday?Not looking for a loud DJ,blasting out tunes and us having to shout our heads off to be heard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Check out The Orchard House just off the Ring Road. I believe he specifically caters for these type of "Day after Wedding" events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

+1 Thats a lovely place with nice grub but it might be a bit far from town centre..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

toby2111 wrote: »
    I heard it's a popular spot.It may be a bit too young and trendy for some of our crowd-we'll have a few oldies with us!Does it have live music on a Sunday?Not looking for a loud DJ,blasting out tunes and us having to shout our heads off to be heard!!

Left Bank is definatly not a Young pub..

aidankkk wrote: »
    Left Bank is definatly not a Young pub..

+1 Left bank is ideal for a mature crowd...

I'd go to Kytlers before the orchard, The orchard is a bit isolated & I just can't warm to the place for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

plus on a Sunday night I'd imagine the left bank would be pretty quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nimagen

For a slightly different atmosphere, the Design Centre Cafe on the Parade is also a very good spot for this sort of day-after wedding get-together. We went there the day after our wedding in the afternoon, with about the same number of people you've got, and with a mix of ages also. They reserve an area upstairs and you can have a buffet, wine, etc for a fixed price per person. There's no music though.

However you've got all the city centre pubs within a few mins walk afterwards if you want to move on for some live music, etc.

Nimagen wrote: »
    For a slightly different atmosphere, the Design Centre Cafe on the Parade is also a very good spot for this sort of day-after wedding get-together. We went there the day after our wedding in the afternoon, with about the same number of people you've got, and with a mix of ages also. They reserve an area upstairs and you can have a buffet, wine, etc for a fixed price per person. There's no music though.

However you've got all the city centre pubs within a few mins walk afterwards if you want to move on for some live music, etc.

Good to see the owner of the "design centre cafe" took the time to join boards.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

I was at a next day party in McSorleys on John Street. It was grand, nice food and good service, they also sorted out music for the party, about 60 people. I'd recommend Langtons tho, you can get Harrys Bar in there for partys. The food is always good and the price is reasonable.

Advertisement