Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football

• 11-09-2011 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭

With the Champions League Group Stages just a couple of days away, thought I would set up a boards Fantasy League.

Haven't registered yet but will try and set up a league over the next couple of hours and post the code.. unless anyone already has one set up?

http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

League set up, Code: 11912-13984

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    League set up, Code: 11912-13984

Good man ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Joined it there.

Ronaldo and Messi both in my team:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Joined it there.

Ronaldo and Messi both in my team:)

Out of curiosity how much do they cost and how much does Rooney cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Out of curiosity how much do they cost and how much does Rooney cost?

Messi is 14m & Ronaldo 12.5m.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Manadana, Szcezney
    Sagna, Bosingwa, Hummels, Kompany, Garay
    Thiago, Kroos, Shaqiri, Hazard, Dzagoev
    Messi, Muller, Gignac

Just bumping up this thread :)

Made a team just for the larf, doubt I'll pay it much attention in the long run. only concentrated on the first XI, don't know who my subs are and if they play or not..

708c268e.jpg

Another bump lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Just signed up there, I think I must be the only one without Messi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Souless wrote: »
    Just signed up there, I think I must be the only one without Messi!

Just joined up too, and na, don't worry, you're not the only one ;)

Bit too pricey for my liking tbh.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Don't have a single Barca player as well. 14M is too much for Messi.

No doubt I'll end up regretting this move, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Have to have Messi, they have an easy group and will secure loads of points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I've gone without messi and ronaldo,the 2 most picked players,madness!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

fft.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've entered but that was feckin' hard. Prices are crazy and it's tough when you know very few players outside the usual suspects...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Entered as FC Arselona, won't be paying a whole lot of attention to this so I've only concentrated on my 1st 11, and even that was pretty hard.

dreamteamff.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Ah, brilliant! Been looking for a CL league on here.

Just signed up now, so here's my first attempt at a team. No doubt I'll change this 100 times before 7:30. Obviously heavily influenced by Premier League. I'll research other clubs over the next hour to try find some cheap gems. :D

So far, James Rodriguez for 6.5 seems to be my best bargain. Can get goals from midfield. Plus I expect a lot of goals in Porto's group.

Also, with Drogba out and Torres terrible, I'm hoping Sturridge makes a great cheap buy too.

1m spare in the bank after this. 3-4-3 formation, the 4m players warming the bench.

capturedgcl.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone know a good source for finding out the star players for the teams that wouldnt be well known?

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Anyone know a good source for finding out the star players for the teams that wouldnt be well known?

I've been using this to look at recent results and goal scorers for certain teams. Also helped me confirm that my crappy 4m bench players are first team for their respective clubs. http://www.soccerway.com/

Also... you can play a 2-5-3 formation? Ha, I'm all over that...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Cech

Daniel Alves....Ivanovic....Jones

Simoa....Silva...Van Bommel...Xabi Alonso

Messi....Soldado...Benzema..

Subs: Lloris,Luis Martins,Zokora,Ibanez

Had to get rid of Ramsey & Rooney, brought in Walcott & Hernandez instead. Never did well in this game, don't really expect much this time round either.

1st Draft

uclteam.png

Opinions?

1st Draft

uclteam.png

Opinions?

As a United fan, I feel the need to mention De Gea's reliability problems. 2 or 3 big mistakes in 5 games, along with about a dozen shaky moments.

Hasn't been too bad so far this season because United have been so immense, but away from home in Europe, the jury will definitely be out on him.

The rest looks solid to me.

I think European Football will suit De Gea more than the EPL and United should cruise through their group.

I'll have a look at some alternatives though

1st Draft

uclteam.png

Opinions?

Yea, agree with above. Perhaps a United defender (piss easy group) with Cech? Real should be keeping a good few clean sheets so I have Carvalho at 6.5. If you could afford Contrao (sp) he might be worth it, been playing in the middle with Real but is down as a defender.

EDIT: forgot about Cech's injury. Have to change my team now...

I wish I did this sooner so I wouldn't feel so rushed and unable to find top players in weaker teams. So I'm "cheating" and making 2 teams. One with Messi/Ronaldo, and one without. :p

This is what I've managed so far.

capturexo.png

capture2ta.png

^Very much doubt Arbeloa will start. That said, I still prefer your first draft, so go with the second:o

• Advertisement

Great shout on Cech's injury. Forgot too. Hilario for 5m should be a bargain.

But I'm giving him a miss because I hear Cech is only out for a month, and I don't want to be struggling to transfer a keeper after a few games.

THFC wrote: »
    Yea, agree with above. Perhaps a United defender (piss easy group) with Cech? Real should be keeping a good few clean sheets so I have Carvalho at 6.5. If you could afford Contrao (sp) he might be worth it, been playing in the middle with Real but is down as a defender.

EDIT: forgot about Cech's injury. Have to change my team now...

I could get in Phil Jones & Fabio Coentrao for Srna & Azpilicueta but downgrade De Gea to a 5.0 value keeper?

Mandanda, Pyatov?

THFC wrote: »
    ^Very much doubt Arbeloa will start. That said, I still prefer your first draft, so go with the second:o

Cheers, I actually don't know what I was thinking with him. Replaced with Smalling.

Oh and Sturridge starts. 5.5m for an attacking Chelsea player in brilliant value.

carlcon wrote: »
    Oh and Sturridge starts. 5.5m for an attacking Chelsea player in brilliant value.

Hmmm, should I stick with Aguero, Messi & Ronaldo... :pac:

Excellent value though, too late now to be doing a shuffle for me :(

I could get in Phil Jones & Fabio Coentrao for Srna & Azpilicueta but downgrade De Gea to a 5.0 value keeper?

Mandanda, Pyatov?

Jeez, I dunno! I see Guaita (who I'm 90% sure is the Valencia 1st choice keeper) is 5m. Helton and Lloris are 5.5 if you could stretch that far.
    Judgement call really though, whoever you think will keep most clean sheets from them. [DISCLAIMER]I'd probably go for Pyatov.[/DISCLAIMER]

• Advertisement

Not one for posting teams in the past. But sure I'll do it this time around -

28wgqcn.png

Really would have liked him in my squad. Likewise Gomez.

Hmmm, should I stick with Aguero, Messi & Ronaldo... :pac:

Excellent value though, too late now to be doing a shuffle for me :(

Never heard of them...

Made a few last minute changes, happy enough though. Was trying desperately hard to find out whether Ballack is starting but couldn't:( Ah well, just a bit of fun..

clff.png

Never mind the subs :pac:

Never heard of them...

They have played well in Football Manager for me in the past....:pac:

• Advertisement

lol Cech starts. Have assists so far from Messi & Walcott, Belluschi doesn't start though, thought he was a guaranteed starter.. Have an APOEL defender 1 st sub though, they're keeping a clean sheet atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

did they give every defender clean sheets? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Liam O wrote: »

I dunno but defenders now get points for the amount of balls they retrieve, don't think that was there last year.

Liam O wrote: »

I've a Leverkusen defender who is currently credited with a clean sheet, must be a glitch if they are giving them to everyone.

I see a lot of teams with just a starting XI. In this game you need a squad of 15 starting players because of the managers substitutions. I'll wait to see the starting teams tonight but I'll be subbing out my lowest scorers for guys on my bench. I will probably leave the captaincy on Messi but tempted to put it on Rooney.

I've a Leverkusen defender who is currently credited with a clean sheet, must be a glitch if they are giving them to everyone.

I see a lot of teams with just a starting XI. In this game you need a squad of 15 starting players because of the managers substitutions. I'll wait to see the starting teams tonight but I'll be subbing out my lowest scorers for guys on my bench. I will probably leave the captaincy on Messi but tempted to put it on Rooney.

I've just gathered that it's based on the World Cup Fantasy Football that I played so now I've kind of got my head around it.

Puyol got zero and all my subs played last. One has 8 points. :(

I have handed the captaincy over to Ozil from Messi...

What, can you change captaincy during the GW?

Yep, to someone who hasn't played yet. Just click the C on a player who is to play tonight and click confirm. You can't go back on your decision once it's confirmed.
    Obviously you lose the double points from the player you had previously captained.

EDIT: So long as the guy you had been captained wasn't sent off, you can change it. Same with subs, you can't sub off a player who has been sent off.

Yep.

You should have a Tuesday 'keeper and a Wednesday 'keeper to sub in if the 1st 'keeper does not score well. Similarly you should always have a Tuesday captain and change the captaincy if you are disappointed with the returns. And finally, make sure all of your Tuesday players are on the field at the start of the week, then replace the 3 worst performers with your 3 subs.

Yep.

You should have a Tuesday 'keeper and a Wednesday 'keeper to sub in if the 1st 'keeper does not score well. Similarly you should always have a Tuesday captain and change the captaincy if you are disappointed with the returns. And finally, make sure all of your Tuesday players are on the field at the start of the week, then replace the 3 worst performers with your 3 subs.

Wish I knew this yesterday! :o

Wish I knew this yesterday! :o

Likewise!

• Advertisement
Advertisement