Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Ozil or Rooney Captain hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Had 30 points going into todays matches, now I have 28:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya everythings messed up at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hate this game already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Got 34 on my first week. Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd completely forgotten about this after putting together a team in 10 minutes last week.

63 points :D Maybe I'm putting too much effort into the EPL fantasy game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd completely forgotten about this after putting together a team in 10 minutes last week.

63 points :D Maybe I'm putting too much effort into the EPL fantasy game.

Highest in the boards league is only 60.

Got 45 myself, happy enough. Chicarito & Belluschi let me down tho.

So who else forgot about this yesterday and thought of it before the "normal" time games only to find out the Inter game was already over?

Ah well, at least I'll have an extra transfer for the next game week. I'm not making any subs so I'm gonna let the system make them.

Bumpy bump! Early games today so don't leave it until this evening...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

This site is a piece of crap. Didn't register any of my transfers yesterday. Brought in Rooney for Berbatov and made him captain, but logged in just there to see Berbatov as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Many people still sticking with this?

Up to 8th in the Boards league after last night and have Soldado averaging a point every 3 minutes tonight :D

Aye, I am. Made Benzema my captain. :cool:

Currently have 75 points...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'am, despite forgetting about the last matchday and keeping Doumbia as captain :rolleyes:

Have Soldado though for this matchday.

edit - ugh remember now. I put Hernandez in my team for some odd reason and added another Remi from Valencia to Miguel -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

had a good week 2 gameweeks ago and haven't checked since...will do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Screw the Fantasy Premier League game. This is the real Fantasy Football. The fact that I'm top of the boards league and top of Ireland is irrelevant. :)

Are people still playing this? For those looking to reignite an interest, there are unlimited free transfers until Feb 14th.

• Advertisement

Crumbs wrote: »
    Screw the Fantasy Premier League game. This is the real Fantasy Football. The fact that I'm top of the boards league and top of Ireland is irrelevant. :)

Are people still playing this? For those looking to reignite an interest, there are unlimited free transfers until Feb 14th.

I'm still playing this one as I'm doing alright in it!
    I'm 7th in the Boards league but I'm winning a public H2H at the moment. 71st in Ireland.

6 players on my team didn't play this week so I have 2 players with 0 points on my team. Malafeev, Jones, Cech (Trabzonspor), Ivanovic and Benzema did it for me thankfully.

Are prizes frozen now on players or can they still fluctuate?

Crumbs wrote: »

4th in Boards and 24th in Ireland. Played the wildcard this week too but didn't work out as well as you.. well played sir, you'll be tough to catch now!
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm still playing this one as I'm doing alright in it!
    I'm 7th in the Boards league but I'm winning a public H2H at the moment. 71st in Ireland.

6 players on my team didn't play this week so I have 2 players with 0 points on my team. Malafeev, Jones, Cech (Trabzonspor), Ivanovic and Benzema did it for me thankfully.

Are prizes frozen now on players or can they still fluctuate?

They can continue to fluctuate. So, I've just loaded up on the highest scoring players still in the competition and I'll leave it until the next round starts. My team is now worth 105.5 since Wednesday so I guess there is something to be earned by following the price rises closely between now and February but A) I couldn't be bothered and B) 105 is more than enough of a budget to put together a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

bugger! Totally forgot about this game this year!

Ah well, stuck in a team there now!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Playing this since the beginning and doing fine. Just joined the league..... Very strange that I missed the league code back at the start.

Messi assist! :D

• Advertisement

Messi assist! :D

Not quite the same buzz as seeing your captain notch an assist in the EPL FF but still...... :D

I think I'm correct in saying that you get 4 cracks at the captain choice in this round.. i.e. if I'm not happy with Messi's score I can try it on say RVP tomorrow night, then a Tuesday and possibly Wednesday night player next week. I'll probably leave it on Messi if he gets anything more but 5 is probably not enough.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Not quite the same buzz as seeing your captain notch an assist in the EPL FF but still...... :D

I think I'm correct in saying that you get 4 cracks at the captain choice in this round.. i.e. if I'm not happy with Messi's score I can try it on say RVP tomorrow night, then a Tuesday and possibly Wednesday night player next week. I'll probably leave it on Messi if he gets anything more but 5 is probably not enough.

Yeah I think you're right. If Messi doesn't get another goal or assist, I might wait for Benzema next week and if that fails, then I can try Gomez!

I think that sorts the captaincy issue anyway...

I completely forgot this was back,at least I had messi captain

32 points from 4 players including captain. Delighted Lyon kept a clean sheet.

32 points from 4 players including captain. Delighted Lyon kept a clean sheet.

26 points from 3 players including captain. Will hopefully get to bench Puyol and his 2 points.

I've just noticed that a new entrant has parachuted into second place in the league. I've now locked the league to any more new entrants but any thoughts on whether I should boot out this guy in 2nd or just let it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

26 points from 3 players including captain. Will hopefully get to bench Puyol and his 2 points.

I've just noticed that a new entrant has parachuted into second place in the league. I've now locked the league to any more new entrants but any thoughts on whether I should boot out this guy in 2nd or just let it be?

boot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How do you use the wildcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Why should I be booted out........... I joined back in Dec when I came across the league. See my post on previous page dated 15Dec11.

I'm not aware that there was an issue in joining a friendly league.......

Nah, let him be. You have it locked now so no harm done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

46 points from 5 players including captain. Had a very dishearting qualifying stage so hope this round makes up for it. I say let him in, on a weekend where there is no EPL FF we need something to keep us going.

Macker1 wrote: »
    Why should I be booted out........... I joined back in Dec when I came across the league. See my post on previous page dated 15Dec11.

I'm not aware that there was an issue in joining a friendly league.......

Fair enough.. you make the cut!!

Hubocan with an assist for me in the Zenit game and Puyol was upgraded to 4 points for last night. Just Koscielny playing now and my Benfica players got 0 and 2 respectively.

Just 5 points from two players out of the Zenit game. That's a total of 39 out of 6. Think I'll sub out Lombaerts and my options are Zanetti or N'Koulou. Inter or Marseille?!

BUMP

Everyone has six free transfers before 7:30 tonight.

Plus there's no restrictions on the amount of players chosen from each team (I think anyways..).

THFC wrote: »
    Plus there's no restrictions on the amount of players chosen from each team (I think anyways..).

****,just did my team in a hurry there

So how many people captained Messi I wonder?

I didn't. Benzema FTW! :cool:

Me... :( The first time in fairness he has let me down. Big decision for next week, Messi at home or Benzema vs Apoel at home??

Me... :( The first time in fairness he has let me down. Big decision for next week, Messi at home or Benzema vs Apoel at home??

Who's playing first? I always captain the player playing on the first night and if he does crap, well, you have a second crack of the whip.

• Advertisement

Who's playing first? I always captain the player playing on the first night and if he does crap, well, you have a second crack of the whip.
    Whaaaaat?? Messi playing first. Explain please!

Whaaaaat?? Messi playing first. Explain please!

Eh...
    You don't know that you can change captain during the match week? :pac:

http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/help.mc?category=captains

So you can captain Messi on the first night. If he does crap, you can change it to Benzema during the substitution window BUT, you won't have automatic substitutions when you do that. It will be manual.

I feel I am explaining this very badly.

So, here's the link. http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/help.mc?category=subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I'm thankful that I managed to win this. Because I didn't do as well in my domestic fantasy league and so needed to win this one to qualify for next year's competition.

I can now add this title to my Boards Fantasy World Cup 2010 win. :)

I finished 9th in The boards league. Happy enough with that.

Advertisement