Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor problems

Options
  • 11-09-2011 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I was going to use an old 17 inch Dell monitor for my new computer (edit: it's not a Dell, could my prob be driver issue?) untill I found something better.

It connects with VGA but I can't get it to display anything:confused:, when I press the buttons on the Monitor itself it says it's in "Power save Mode and to press any key or move the mouse", I did and it does nothing.

So I connected it up to a newish TV and I can't get an image there either with the VGA but it's fine when I use HDMI?

The cable was fine, am I missing something simple here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

First of all, what graphics card is it? Do you have the latest drivers installed for this card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dito kou

Brand spanking new computer with a radeon 6770, I don't even have windows on it yet.

It displays fine on the TV but I can't use it come tommorrow morning, it's not mine, need to get it working on the Dell.

So get it all updated you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Even if you don't have the drivers installed for the graphics card it should still output video signal. :confused: Are you sure that the DVI to VGA cable adapter is working? Have you tried both DVI ports?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

What resolution do you have your display set to when connected to the tv?

Can you lower your resolution to 1024 x 768?

If you start the pc in safe mode with the monitor connected what happens?

Advertisement