Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIN not recognised

Options
  • 11-09-2011 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

Last Sunday I was in a rush when I went to the ATM for cash. I entered in my PIN number as usual but it told me it was incorrect. Tried it again and I got the same result. Thought nothing of it though as I was in a hurry and perhaps muddled it up.
    Tried an ATM tonight again however in an entirely different location and my PIN was incorrect again. I'm 99% certain I'm entering the same number I always did yet its not working.
    Could anyone help shed some light on the situation ? Is it genuinely a case of me forgetting it or could I be a victim of fraud ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Without trying to be smart, there is absolutely no way anybody here could tell you one way or another. First off check your account for any unusual activity, after that ring your bank and ask them to issue you with a new PIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

delly wrote: »
    Without trying to be smart, there is absolutely no way anybody here could tell you one way or another. First off check your account for any unusual activity, after that ring your bank and ask them to issue you with a new PIN.

Cheers, Is there a 24 helpline of any sort or will I have to wait until Monday ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

When it comes to possible card fraud, I'm nearly certain all banks have a 24 number. Check the back of your card and it should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Yup, there is. Thanks for your help. Hopefully BOI will sort it from here

Advertisement