Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 linux install problems,

Options
  • 11-09-2011 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anyone had any luck installing Linux via the Gitbrew method, been trying for days with no luck, got petitboot going and have create the new drive section (ps3dd) but when I it tries to install any packages I get errors, been following all the guides to the letter with the same results, tried all the install scripts but they get errors.

Is there something I'm missing, do I unmount the partition after I create it or something?

Can anyone give me a hand, I could throw I few quid your way (not looking for a ban, there is no one advertising that they can do this),

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i havent done it in ages, as I updated for psn but I did it before here, not sure about newer methods since ....tbh wasnt worth the time or effort ! might be different now with the release of the RSX driver and working wlan Ive read, but I havent looked into it too much

eta: just thinking, first time I did it (and failed) i didnt have the ps3 hooked up to net via ethernet, as it was a network install, so be sure your wired...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭n1ght28

iPwnage wrote: »
    i havent done it in ages, as I updated for psn but I did it before here, not sure about newer methods since ....tbh wasnt worth the time or effort ! might be different now with the release of the RSX driver and working wlan Ive read, but I havent looked into it too much

eta: just thinking, first time I did it (and failed) i didnt have the ps3 hooked up to net via ethernet, as it was a network install, so be sure your wired...

Yeah its meant to be much better now, full access to hardware etc, have it hooked up to Ethernet, was having problems with the routers inbuilt firewall but that's sorted now,
    I can partition the drive, format it, download all the packages but as soon as it tries to install them the errors flow in,

Advertisement