Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose Piercing advice ? :)

Options
  • 11-09-2011 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hello there! I really want to get my nose pierced, Im just afraid it will hurt really bad... I got my tongue pierced and all of my friends with it done were saying " oh nahhh it didn't hurt a bit!" and so I thought it would be fine, but I thought it hurt when I got it done alright.. but I think thats just me personally, but I wouldnt have the worst pain tolerance, but I did think that hurt a bit alright :/ ... and Ive read that a tongue is one of the least painful and the nose is supposed to be pretty sore! so what are your opinions? Id like to hear and know everything :) .. and please be completely honest! and if you know about aftercare, and any tips or advice! thank you ! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 carlarua

I nearly fainted when I had the piercing in my nose done, and that was the only time that ever happened with any piercing or tattoo.
    I've a high tolerance for pain, but it had the physical effect of scratching nails over a blackboard, I've no other way of describing it.
    I took the piercing out a few years ago when I had a bad cold, and it closed up in a very short time. And while I love nose piercings, I'm not having that one re-done

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's different for everyone. If you want it then go get it done and don't worry about the pain! Piercings are going to hurt somewhat at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Robynne

carlarua wrote: »
    I nearly fainted when I had the piercing in my nose done, and that was the only time that ever happened with any piercing or tattoo.
    I've a high tolerance for pain, but it had the physical effect of scratching nails over a blackboard, I've no other way of describing it.
    I took the piercing out a few years ago when I had a bad cold, and it closed up in a very short time. And while I love nose piercings, I'm not having that one re-done

Oh god did you really? :o ... See Im such a wimp so Im really freaked about the pain of it because I heard it does really hurt.. Awwh thats a shame it closed up on you, especially when you like them :/ thanks for the reply :)

It's different for everyone. If you want it then go get it done and don't worry about the pain! Piercings are going to hurt somewhat at the end of the day.
    Thats true allright, Im just afraid because I thought the tongue hurt which everyone says its grand so maybe I wouldnt be able for the nose haha... Yeah your right because Ill never fully know until I do it.. Im just a big wimp haha.. thanks for replying! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

My nose piercing was my second most painful but having said that, its bearable. It only hurts a little more because its one of those areas where you get a little shock pain, like when you bang your funny bone. Its like when you bang your nose, your eyes water but the pain doesn't last. So when you pierce it, the eye on the side you pierce will water but its not so bad, honestly :) thinking about it will only make you nervous, and when I'm nervous about a piercing I get dizzy. Just pick a day to do it and don't think about it anymore then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 carlarua

Well, atavan-halen has a very good point. Pain is relative, and what's excruciating for one person is hardly noticeable for someone else. You can get a whole way with appropriate breathing
    Whenever I get a piercing, I always feel as if they're trying to park a bus in there...sideways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I didn't find it sore at all. Yeah you can feel it but that's bound to happen. Some tears after it, was funny.

As someone else said though, pain can vary from person to person.

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

It's bloody torture, seriously don't do it, signle handedly the most excrutiating piercing a person can get

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Are you talking about a standard nose piercing? I got mine done last year and it was absolutely fine. When she finished I said "Wow, that wasn't so bad at all" and she said "You're the first person to say that!" I was well surprised. I mean, yeah it was sore as piercings go, but it wasn't excruciating either. And it only lasts for a second anyway! If you really want to get it done you should just bite the bullet and do it. You'll be glad you did it because the end result will be great. I'm so happy I got mine done, I absolutely love it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Pain is definitely relative, but my nose piercing was probably the most painful. It was just a sharp quick pain, my eye on that side started watering and it was all over in seconds. Unlike most of my other piercings it never hurt again after that moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

It's bloody torture, seriously don't do it, signle handedly the most excrutiating piercing a person can get

That's a bit dramatic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

moonflower wrote: »
    Pain is definitely relative, but my nose piercing was probably the most painful. It was just a sharp quick pain, my eye on that side started watering and it was all over in seconds. Unlike most of my other piercings it never hurt again after that moment.

It's relative, yes, but I wouldn't abstain from doing it for purely out of fear of only a possibility of it being too painful. I thought mine was going to be much worse from what people were saying but when I actually went through with it I was so glad that I didn't let my fear get the better of me because it was fine. I personally believe that if you really want to get it done, you'll go ahead and do it despite the possibility of it being painful for two seconds.

That's a bit dramatic :p
    I'm sick of the stupid does it hurt questions so I no longer answer them

I'm sick of the stupid does it hurt questions so I no longer answer them

Yet....... you answered it! :P

Yet....... you answered it! :P
    check every post in a does it hurt question, all i copy of each other

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

check every post in a does it hurt question, all i copy of each other

All well and good when you've plenty experience like you do Raze. We were all newbs at one stage or another, so cut them some slack, or don't bother replying to those threads at all.

All well and good when you've plenty experience like you do Raze. We were all newbs at one stage or another, so cut them some slack, or don't bother replying to those threads at all.
    Isn't there a section in the forum charter which says they are to be locked??

*goes searching*

"Threads asking "Does it hurt to get X pierced/tattooed", "Where/what should I get a tattoo of", "How much is it to get X pierced/tattooed" are frowned upon, and will get locked or moved. There are existing threads which cover these topics, which you can read to get the required information, or to seek advice. If you have a solid idea and are trying to finalize everything, then people will be more than willing to help. "

Isn't there a section in the forum charter which says they are to be locked??

*goes searching*

"Threads asking "Does it hurt to get X pierced/tattooed", "Where/what should I get a tattoo of", "How much is it to get X pierced/tattooed" are frowned upon, and will get locked or moved. There are existing threads which cover these topics, which you can read to get the required information, or to seek advice. If you have a solid idea and are trying to finalize everything, then people will be more than willing to help. "

It's also a boards wide rule not to question moderators on thread. You want me to follow it to the letter, then I should probably go back and infract you for a bunch of things. Don't be a dick is one of the main rules too. The people asking these things are not regulars, they do not bother reading the charters, and I'm not going to strike them down for asking. I'm just asking you to stop taking the piss every time please.

I was just messing around with Raze and didn't mean to start anything off! Sorry guys!

Well Im sorry Raze that my question annoyed you so much! .. It was a genuine question and everyone is different... So maybe yes it is a 'stupid' question which I more than likely know that yes it will hurt ... but Im the type of person that needs reassurance with these things and I need to psych myself up for a while and get my head around it ... I didnt realise it was against the rules and what not ... it was just sincere ... so my apologies... But If I had experience in certain topics I wouldn't act prickish to people who are genuinely looking for advice! Id actually try and help! But whatever keeps your world spinning I suppose!

• Advertisement

My nose piercing was my second most painful but having said that, its bearable. It only hurts a little more because its one of those areas where you get a little shock pain, like when you bang your funny bone. Its like when you bang your nose, your eyes water but the pain doesn't last. So when you pierce it, the eye on the side you pierce will water but its not so bad, honestly :) thinking about it will only make you nervous, and when I'm nervous about a piercing I get dizzy. Just pick a day to do it and don't think about it anymore then ;)
    Oh really was it ? And what was your worst ?? ... Awwh yes I totally understand what you mean! ... Its just a sensitive area ... awh right okai so ! :) .. Yeah but I need to get my head around it before I do it .. because If I want something Ill make sure it will happen it will be like a goal.. so by finding out about it ill want it more you know? :) ... Yeah I really should just do that haha :P ... How long does it take to heal? ... thanks for the response by the way :)

carlarua wrote: »
    Well, atavan-halen has a very good point. Pain is relative, and what's excruciating for one person is hardly noticeable for someone else. You can get a whole way with appropriate breathing
    Whenever I get a piercing, I always feel as if they're trying to park a bus in there...sideways :D
    Yes its true! :) ... Im just worried that most people say the tongue is a breeze and I thought it hurt haha... so maybe I cant handle pain haha ...
    but yeah I do understand! :)
    hahah thats random :)
    thanks for replying!

seanybiker wrote: »
    I didn't find it sore at all. Yeah you can feel it but that's bound to happen. Some tears after it, was funny.

As someone else said though, pain can vary from person to person.

Best of luck with it
    Really? Thats great! Id love if I was like that when and of I get it done! haha :) ...
    Awwh yeah I heard about that allright haha My eyes would probably go into a spasm haha.
    Yes its very true!
    Thank you!

moonflower wrote: »
    Yeah! ... Oh really? :/ ... yeah atleast its quick allright! although the piercer I go to uses needles instead of a gun ... what did you use? ...
    Ohh didnt it? Thats good to know! I was wondering about that actually!
    thanks! :)

It's relative, yes, but I wouldn't abstain from doing it for purely out of fear of only a possibility of it being too painful. I thought mine was going to be much worse from what people were saying but when I actually went through with it I was so glad that I didn't let my fear get the better of me because it was fine. I personally believe that if you really want to get it done, you'll go ahead and do it despite the possibility of it being painful for two seconds.
    Are you talking about a standard nose piercing? I got mine done last year and it was absolutely fine. When she finished I said "Wow, that wasn't so bad at all" and she said "You're the first person to say that!" I was well surprised. I mean, yeah it was sore as piercings go, but it wasn't excruciating either. And it only lasts for a second anyway! If you really want to get it done you should just bite the bullet and do it. You'll be glad you did it because the end result will be great. I'm so happy I got mine done, I absolutely love it! :)
    Yeah just a standard one :) .... Awwh really? Great to hear! :) .... haha oh you lucy thing! ... Awwh yes I totally understand what you mean ... Yeah I do really want it! :) ... Awwwh thats brill to hear :) ...
    yeah your right I shouldn't let pain and fear get the best of me! But by asking these questions I become more relaxed to the thought of it !:) Yeah I dont mind hearing the truth and stuff about it though! It actually makes me want it more when I know everything about it and dont end up getting a few surprises along the way! haha ... Awwh okai!
    thanks very much for your response!

It's also a boards wide rule not to question moderators on thread. You want me to follow it to the letter, then I should probably go back and infract you for a bunch of things. Don't be a dick is one of the main rules too. The people asking these things are not regulars, they do not bother reading the charters, and I'm not going to strike them down for asking. I'm just asking you to stop taking the piss every time please.
    Sorry if Ive caused hastle!

Robynne wrote: »
    Sorry if Ive caused hastle!

You haven't, so don't be.

I know that Raze was simply trying to point out (in his own way :D) that there are many topics where people ask about how much X hurts, but when people aren't regulars here, and don't see the posts on the main page, then they just post and ask. I've no problem with this, as often they simply don't know!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got my septum done about 2 years ago, but after getting a bout of the flu I took it out and let it heal. Got it re-pierced about a year ago cause I was finished up in school, and I've had it in ever since. It stung quite a bit, and did make my eyes water, but both piercers had told me to expect that. Overall it was bearable and the pain didn't last too long.

You haven't, so don't be.

I know that Raze was simply trying to point out (in his own way :D) that there are many topics where people ask about how much X hurts, but when people aren't regulars here, and don't see the posts on the main page, then they just post and ask. I've no problem with this, as often they simply don't know!
    ok so thanks! :)
    Well yeah I know, I didnt mean to annoy him .. I just did want to know.. and Im still working out how to properly use this haha so I didnt mean to have a repetitive question!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Maybe a 'does it hurt' sticky?

Wow that sentence looks dirty. Seriously though it does get repeated a lot.

To answer the original question, it only hurt when I forgot it was there and went to rub my nose only to be painfully reminded that the itch was caused by a new piercing.

Advertisement