Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose Piercing advice ? :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Robynne wrote: »
    Yeah just a standard one smile.gif .... Awwh really? Great to hear! smile.gif .... haha oh you lucy thing! ... Awwh yes I totally understand what you mean ... Yeah I do really want it! smile.gif ... Awwwh thats brill to hear smile.gif ...
    yeah your right I shouldn't let pain and fear get the best of me! But by asking these questions I become more relaxed to the thought of it !smile.gif Yeah I dont mind hearing the truth and stuff about it though! It actually makes me want it more when I know everything about it and dont end up getting a few surprises along the way! haha ... Awwh okai!
    thanks very much for your response!

No problem! Good luck, and make sure to post a pic if/when you get it done! wink.gif

Denny M wrote: »
    I got my septum done about 2 years ago, but after getting a bout of the flu I took it out and let it heal. Got it re-pierced about a year ago cause I was finished up in school, and I've had it in ever since. It stung quite a bit, and did make my eyes water, but both piercers had told me to expect that. Overall it was bearable and the pain didn't last too long.

Grand, I've been wanting to get my septum done for some time now. Although I'm flying to America in 4 weeks so I'm not sure if I can get it done before then. I know that when I got my nose pierced there was something about not being able to fly for a while after...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

It's bloody torture, seriously don't do it, signle handedly the most excrutiating piercing a person can get

talk about putting a person off the idea :p haha

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I think the problem with the 'does it hurt' question is while that everybody varies with pain thresholds, it's a piercing so it obviously will hurt!
    But if you honestly tell someone that it hurt a lot, you can freak them out and put them off and if you tell them it was fine, didn't hurt at all, they won't be expecting it if it really does hurt! :eek:

Well, Robynne, have you got your piercing yet?
    Remember, in regards to the pain issue- it's a maximum of a few seconds pain and then you have a great piercing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Robynne

Posy wrote: »
    I think the problem with the 'does it hurt' question is while that everybody varies with pain thresholds, it's a piercing so it obviously will hurt!
    But if you honestly tell someone that it hurt a lot, you can freak them out and put them off and if you tell them it was fine, didn't hurt at all, they won't be expecting it if it really does hurt! :eek:

Well, Robynne, have you got your piercing yet?
    Remember, in regards to the pain issue- it's a maximum of a few seconds pain and then you have a great piercing! :D

Yeah your right! But I dont mind if someone says yes it will hurt ... if it did hurt them because I know everyones different I just like to hear opinions :) ....
    Nope I havent gotten it yet ... the problem is that in school theyd freak so im waiting until ive some time off to do it ... I contacted the piercer he said it can take up to 5 months to heal , and cant be done with a clear bar so i dont know how im going to get away with it .. thats the prob :( ... atleast they havent spotted my tongue......yet!! haha

No problem! Good luck, and make sure to post a pic if/when you get it done! wink.gif

Grand, I've been wanting to get my septum done for some time now. Although I'm flying to America in 4 weeks so I'm not sure if I can get it done before then. I know that when I got my nose pierced there was something about not being able to fly for a while after...
    Okai thank you! I will post a picture If I ever get around to doing it! .. haha
    I need to wait a while id say because ill get killed in school and ive no way of hiding it? :(

• Advertisement

JaneHudson wrote: »
    Maybe a 'does it hurt' sticky?

Wow that sentence looks dirty. Seriously though it does get repeated a lot.

To answer the original question, it only hurt when I forgot it was there and went to rub my nose only to be painfully reminded that the itch was caused by a new piercing.

haha ... I know I just want to talk to people with the piercing or whatever...
    Awwwh right ok! Well thanks for the reponse! :)

Okai thank you! I will post a picture If I ever get around to doing it! .. haha
    I need to wait a while id say because ill get killed in school and ive no way of hiding it? :(

You can get a retainer which is like a clear coloured stud that you can use if you need to hide it. Although a nose piercing normally takes between 6-8 weeks to heal and it's not recommended to change the stud/ring before that time. But I guess you can just ask in the piercing studio :)

You can get a retainer which is like a clear coloured stud that you can use if you need to hide it. Although a nose piercing normally takes between 6-8 weeks to heal and it's not recommended to change the stud/ring before that time. But I guess you can just ask in the piercing studio :)

Yeah asked him and he said it can take 4-5 months to heal! :o ...
    and I cant get it pierced with a retainer... I was hoping it wouldnt take that long and id be able to do it when Id time off school ... but i dont know what to do now :(

I was lucky, I sort of just 'showed up' with it in work and hoped for the best. Hardly anyone even noticed :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I assume you're over 18 because if not, you won't get pierced anywhere reputable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

not a does it hurt question but lik how annoying is a septum piercing when you have a cold?!!! it seems lik the most annoying thing that one could ever have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ha ha yeah it is very annoying alright

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's all right if it's been healed a while, but if it's new the constant sniffling and rubbing your nose can irritate the hell out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

might just put that one off until after the auld winter so... how long does it take to heal? 6weeks?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I forget how long it took mine to heal, I got it around Halloween of last year and it was grand by Christmas anyway.

Posy wrote: »
    I assume you're over 18 because if not, you won't get pierced anywhere reputable.
    Im 18 in May ... its over 16 withouth an adult present for most piercings... over 18 for some particular ones.. so everywhere is the same on that one ..

I was lucky, I sort of just 'showed up' with it in work and hoped for the best. Hardly anyone even noticed :P

Oh really? :P might not be so bad so ! :P ... I want a few piercings like a few on my ear and bellybutton too so it might be wise to go for the less obvious ones first .. but I suppose a nose stud is fairly small anyway :)

Septum piercings look unreal I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Xochi

Snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Do you actually know that or did you just hear it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Xochi wrote: »
    <snip>

Why are you posting that in multiple threads? :confused:

Advertisement