Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 17th Sept?

Options
  • 11-09-2011 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just wondering can anyone give me a fair idea what the weather is expected to be like next Saturday. Reason i'm asking is my 5 year olds birthday. Bouncy castles and all that. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Dublin. ;)

At the moment it looks like light rain in the afternoon, cool and breezy. But with 2 tropical/former tropical systems in the N. Atlantic messing things up, it's going to be difficult to know for sure for a few days, if even then.

Cheers . I'll keep an eye on this forum for the week.

If you're still taking any notice of this thread sellerbarry, the forecast for Saturday now looks quite cool, ~14C, showery and windy/breezy (though nothing like yesterday! Both the ECM and GFS in agreement on that at the moment.

• Advertisement

Great . Thanks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

I'm heading to another music festival this Saturday in Wicklow so i'am also interested to know what the weather will be like! Hope it at least stays dry!

Forecast is still the same I'm afraid. Cool, showery and breezy. Looks as though the further south, the better.

85012th.png
    precip12th.png
    temp12th.png

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

The temps should be a degree or 2 higher than shown there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Would I be right in saying it's looking very windy Saturday morning in south east Galway? Winds coming from Mayo/Sligo direction? Will it be windyfirst thing in the morning or gradually get windier throughout the day?

Well, i'm not very optimistic about tomorrow. It's pelting down outside. I suppose even a couple of hours dry in the morning will keep the kids happy.
    Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the forecast hasn't changed too much up to today. You may be lucky and get a couple of hours of sunshine during the day and just a handful of showers though.
    Deedsie wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying it's looking very windy Saturday morning in south east Galway? Winds coming from Mayo/Sligo direction? Will it be windyfirst thing in the morning or gradually get windier throughout the day?

Yep, Galway probably the windiest place in the country tomorrow, though very windy might be pushing it a bit. Winds maybe around 35km/h or so, getting a little stronger during the day.
    Much less so for Dublin though.

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the forecast hasn't changed too much up to today. You may be lucky and get a couple of hours of sunshine during the day and just a handful of showers though.

Yep, Galway probably the windiest place in the country tomorrow, though very windy might be pushing it a bit. Winds maybe around 35km/h or so, getting a little stronger during the day.
    Much less so for Dublin though.

Balls, I am doing a charity cycle to Galway tomorrow morning! Coming from the south east. I'm sickened, facing into that wind for about five hours!

Deedsie wrote: »
    Balls, I am doing a charity cycle to Galway tomorrow morning! Coming from the south east. I'm sickened, facing into that wind for about five hours!

Where are you cycling from? The wind will be lighter overland, but 5 hours cycling into a headwind will take it out of ya!

I had a similar thing cycling from Cork to Killarney in July, then climbing Carrauntoohil, with 100km/h gusts at the top!

Where are you cycling from? The wind will be lighter overland, but 5 hours cycling into a headwind will take it out of ya!

I had a similar thing cycling from Cork to Killarney in July, then climbing Carrauntoohil, with 100km/h gusts at the top!

Cycling from Nenagh to Galway. It's about 90 km. My first really long cycle. Bloody dreading it now. I did 70 km last Saturday. First 35 were handy with the wind behind me, I turned around to face into the window on the way home. It was horrible now. Not looking forward to it one bit.

I'm guessing you have a road bike yeah? A nice aerodynamic racer makes cycling into the wind a hell of a lot easier.
    If there are a lot of people going you'll find the extra motivation from them will make it much easier.
    Conditions could be a lot worse too. On the bright side, your just getting a typical Septembers day, even if it doesn't feel it after 5 hours!

I'm guessing you have a road bike yeah? A nice aerodynamic racer makes cycling into the wind a hell of a lot easier.
    If there are a lot of people going you'll find the extra motivation from them will make it much easier.
    Conditions could be a lot worse too. On the bright side, your just getting a typical Septembers day, even if it doesn't feel it after 5 hours!

Ya, I got a 2009 model claude butler road bike. Very nice bike, I'll be well kitted out to, so it should be ok. Sound, for the encouraging words!

Advertisement