Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wag & Bone dog show Naas

• 11-09-2011 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

I got a flyer for this yesterday but have never heard of it before. Is anyone here familiar with it , been before? Any reviews? Looks like a lot of fun

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sorry for bringing this up again. Has no-one really heard about this before, good or bad?

Anyone planning on going? On 23rd Sept in Punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

I've never been but I googled it and it looks like a fun day out with your dog. On the internet though it has the date down as 24th Sept.

Oh sorry yeah you're right! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

May try a trip up there myself, will have a look online and see whats on.

There you go, anyone looking for info

http://kildare.ie/events/typedetails.asp?EventID=5005

Such a nice day so we ended up heading to this. Had a really nice time, really fun and relaxed and my little lady even came out with a rosette for Fanciest Female :D

Fanciest Female.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah well done! I went myself but it was a bit of a disaster. I've got an overly friendly dog being led by an overly relaxed husband. If you heard someone saying "STOP LETTING HIM DRAG YOU TO OTHER PEOPLE" it was probably me. :o

I was dismayed too, to see a stall promoting Milan DVD's. (or CD's I didn't check) And I just looked and their own website calls dominance methods out of date. Confusing.

Whispered wrote: »
    I was dismayed too, to see a stall promoting Milan DVD's. (or CD's I didn't check) And I just looked and their own website calls dominance methods out of date. Confusing.

Didn't really get a chance to look properly at the stalls, they were too temptingly close to the chickens and rabbits for Brook to ignore so we kept moving ;).

What did surprise me though was the amount of poo, I saw at least 2 dogs pooing in the ring and the owners just kept on going :eek: Never witnessed that before, any 'proper' dog show I've ever been to the owners immediately cleaned up when their dog fouled.

All in all though it was a good day out with the doggies and was completely free even the parking which is a plus nowadays :)

lrushe wrote: »
    Didn't really get a chance to look properly at the stalls, they were too temptingly close to the chickens and rabbits for Brook to ignore so we kept moving ;).

What did surprise me though was the amount of poo, I saw at least 2 dogs pooing in the ring and the owners just kept on going :eek: Never witnessed that before, any 'proper' dog show I've ever been to the owners immediately cleaned up when their dog fouled.

All in all though it was a good day out with the doggies and was completely free even the parking which is a plus nowadays :)

I suppose some of the people there would have never been to a proper show before. I haven't, although I'd imagine cleaning up would be second nature. :) How did people react to you having Brook and the tiny little lady above?

Weather was fab and yes the parking was great. AND I got to rub a goat :eek: The cakes on sale looked amazing too.

Whispered wrote: »
    How did people react to you having Brook and the tiny little lady above?

I actually met a friend there but she didn't recognise me at first she saw the dogs and thought to herself "who do I know with such mismatched dogs" and then realised it was me :D

Cleo always gets alot of attention when she goes out cos she looks like a puppy but I was happy at how people reacted to Brook or not reacted should I say, she was just treated like any other dog in the crowd, little dogs were allowed to go up and greet her instead of being picked up when they passed her, it was really nice and I think it's probably why I was so relaxed :) Plus there were no muzzles needing to be worn which was definately a positive :)

I thought the Pitbull short listed with it's little girl handler in the "dog you'd most like to take home" class was lovely as well :D

Advertisement