Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speed in Drumshanbo

• 11-09-2011 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭

Rant...

I have just signed up for broadband with Vodafone in Drumshanbo Co Leitrim. The speeds are horrible here. I get 2.5 mbps down and .25 mbps up. There are no plans up upgrade the area to Next Gen, there is no UPC, the 3 signal here is crap, not eligible for NBS, no WiMax and the list goes on.

The Eircom network is the only provider in the area and the speeds are crap and there are no plans to upgrade the area anytime soon. Sucks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Welcome to most of Ireland where we are happy with anything that works .......even eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Rant...

I have just signed up for broadband with Vodafone in Drumshanbo Co Leitrim. The speeds are horrible here. I get 2.5 mbps down and .25 mbps up. There are no plans up upgrade the area to Next Gen, there is no UPC, the 3 signal here is crap, not eligible for NBS, no WiMax and the list goes on.

The Eircom network is the only provider in the area and the speeds are crap and there are no plans to upgrade the area anytime soon. Sucks!

I was on eircom NGB in Dublin and they where similar speeds to what I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I'm in Boyle and only getting 1mb speeds with a 7mb plan, even thought my line can only get a max of 6mb. Thats fine but how the hell are the speeds so stupidly low?!!

Really tempted to switch to vodafone home broadband, but I was recommended to stick with eircom for another month as we are getting next generation broadband around here...don't know if that's bulls£it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

wow a semi local thread :eek:

im in carrick , im gonna do a speedtest on www.speedtest.net BRB

ok so a test to a server in galway returns 7mbps and upload 0.43mbps

huh i dont think its accurate tho because there is no way im getting 7mbps where are you guys doing the speed test?

ill try a server in dublin nest hold on

slightly less 6mbps and 0.43mbps hmm:confused:

Advertisement