Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESSEN to MORZINE!

• 11-09-2011 11:16am
    Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi I'm planning a route from Essen, Germany to Morzine, France and I'm in no hurry and I'm looking for a nice route between Essen and Morzine.
    I have visited some of the main cities already on the route such as Dusseldorf, Koln, Frankfurt and Mulhouse and don’t really want to visit them again. Now I like to visit car museums / shows etc and my other half is into Second World War stuff but we also like to visit all kinds of places. I prefer taking back roads rather than motorway so I get to see a lot more and I find that I stumble across things more that way.
    Anyway I await your suggestions please.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Do you plan to keep going south or can you got east Germany First and go south from there ?

I lived in Germany for 10 years and love the place

• Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭yardeyar

Hi thanks for the reply, after Morzine, France we will probably head to Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne, France through the mountains and follow some of the route taken by the Tou de France, I'm taking this route for the breath taken scenery. After that no plans yet.
    Also from Essen to Morzine I want to stop at King Ludwig's Neuschwanstein Castle!
    Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

if I had a camper van this is what I would do but its depends in the time you have This route suits you and your Wife

Wife WW2 Berlin . leipzig, Dresden

You , Nernburg Ring, Munich .

Both Freiberg.

http://g.co/maps/9vv49

• Site Banned Posts: 243 ✭✭yardeyar

Cheers!

Advertisement