Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living and working in france

Options
  • 11-09-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi all
    im planning on moving to france in january2012.
    does anyone know what info i need to bring for working, health insurance ect?
    also any other advice from someone who has done the same would be great.
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You don't really need much, just your passport which you'll need to get a social security number and open a bank account. If you ever plan on getting married then you'll need a long form birthcert translated into French.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ocireland

good to know about the birthcert thanks.
    but my french girlfriend seems to think that i need p60s from the last 2 years hear in ireland, i will have to regester with there dole system unless i have a job lined up. and she is studing as mature student. i have tried citizens info center and they dont seem to know for sure.
    thanks again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You need the U2 form. Lots of info here.
    Jobseeker's Benefit (JB) may be transferred to another EEA member state for up to 13 weeks, if you are looking for work there. You must be getting Jobseeker's Benefit for 4 weeks before you can transfer it to another EEA member state. From 1 May 2010 new EU Regulations came into effect (pdf) which mean that if you apply to transfer your Jobseeker's Benefit, it will be paid directly to you. You will still be required to register with the employment services of the country where you have gone to look for work within a week. You must take form Form U2 (which is replacing Form E303) to the social services of the country you are travelling to. You can get a completed Form U2 from your local social welfare office.

Advertisement