Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help choosing a network

Options
  • 11-09-2011 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

What network offers the best payg deals? 17 votes

Vodafone
    0% 0 votes
    O2
    0% 0 votes
    Meteor
    5% 1 vote
    Three
    41% 7 votes
    Emobile
    52% 9 votes
    Tesco
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well different networks have different deals, but whats good for others might not suit your needs. It depends on what your usage is, eg texts, calls, data. How much and to what network?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

Veles wrote: »
    I would use calls alot for work/personal reasons,i also have many international contacts so using voip would be very important to me as well

Three have an offer at the minute for €20a month you get 3000 texts, 3000 mins to 3 numbers, 3000 weekend minutes, and free calls on skype and 15gb of data. You still get to spend the €20 on calls during the week to non 3 customers, and then 30 days after you have topped up, they give you a bonus €10 credit. The downside to this, is the calls will be 29cent per min to other numbers during the week. Depending how many minutes you use, this plan might not be the best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Davy is on the button. I have been with them all over the years and really its horses for courses. Three's payg offer is extremely attractive at the mo, but is it ending at end of Dec. I hope not. OP, could you correct the title of your thread to "Choosing"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Anyone on Emobile?if so how did you find their current offers?
    I am considering tree at te moment,whats te qulaity of skype on its network like?

Keep in mind that tesco have a very attractive offer for international calls, I think 0.01€ per minute or something..you double your top up too and get a internet bundle of 1gb for 6.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What ever you do before you move (if going on bill pay) get a free pre pay sim and test the network signal you're thinking about where live, work and play.

Three seems to have a great prepaid deal but will it expire soon?

Probably be extended due to popularity, but it doesn't expire till feb 2012 in any case so you can switch again then if it is discontinued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Smartphone Republic

Tesco Mobile? 20 cent per min; 9 cent per text; double top up; 1 gb internet data add on for €6.99 per month. There's nobody cheaper than that....fact. Trouble is, people don't seem to trust Tesco!

• Advertisement
Advertisement