Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Lads - is there any difference in Asian total goals and standard total goals? If not, I'm pretty sure I saw arb opportunity during last night NHL match - bet365 had In play over 6.5 goals 2.30 and under asian 6.5 goals 1.925. Or just explain me what I am missing here...

Edit: STL Blues vs LA Kings (In Play 1:0) - under 4.5 goals (2.30), asian over 4.5 goals (2.00)
    Edit 2: Also, would it be spotted by bookie if both arb bets would be placed on the same account (although I don't operate with big money amounts)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

stingerro wrote: »
    Lads - is there any difference in Asian total goals and standard total goals? If not, I'm pretty sure I saw arb opportunity during last night NHL match - bet365 had In play over 6.5 goals 2.30 and under asian 6.5 goals 1.925. Or just explain me what I am missing here...

Edit: STL Blues vs LA Kings (In Play 1:0) - under 4.5 goals (2.30), asian over 4.5 goals (2.00)
    Edit 2: Also, would it be spotted by bookie if both arb bets would be placed on the same account (although I don't operate with big money amounts)?

No difference in this instance between Asian and standard goals @ it 4.5. However if Asian line was 4 or 5 you would get cash back if finished on that amount.

There is a slight arb available on these but these lines can move very quickly so prob not worth risk.

Nothing bookies can do to stop you doing it from same account.

Yardie wrote: »
    No difference in this instance between Asian and standard goals @ it 4.5. However if Asian line was 4 or 5 you would get cash back if finished on that amount.

There is a slight arb available on these but these lines can move very quickly so prob not worth risk.

Nothing bookies can do to stop you doing it from same account.
    I also compared it with odds at unibet.com and opportunity for arb was even better (and you could place your 2 bets at the same time). Will look at this today as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

You'd wanna make sure you get the amounts down at the exact same time if in play. Best to do it during a time out maybe because if the game in is play anything can happen that can suspend the market. You'd hate to get one bet on only for the other site to suspend the market while it is confirming the bet.

Sent by Yardie late in the night:
    Stinger I decided to check out arb in NHL and the reason price on unders is so big is because overtime is included for 2 way totals and not included for Asian bets. So if game ends in a tie 2:2 and there is a goal in overtime then you will lose both bets. I hope there is a way you can trade out of your position or lets hope the game doesnt end in a 2-2 tie! Hope you see this info in time
    I didn't read it in time, in truth I had a 2nd bet already running. Both in the end were successful, but when I think that 1st one ended with 2:1... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Any thoughts on the three NFL games today?

Cowboys -7 and GB -6 are the obvious ones, the 49ers and Ravens game is harder to predict. I'm sort of leaning towards San Fran +3 at the moment though.

That's a 6/1 treble on 365 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

I'm backing the Dolphins outright, they've played well the last couple of weeks and they put it up to the Giants a few weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Bet of the month for me is Detroit to beat the Packers at 21/10.

I took the Packers in play at -4.5. Both D's are like swiss cheese but Carolina give up crazy yards on the run and i doubt Smith will reproduce. He looks outta the game now too. I'm leaning towards Baltimore -3 too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gone with 25 on the San Jose Sharks tonight @ 5/6, LA Kings are missing a couple of important players for them and San Jose do like the ice at LA going by past meetings.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bit of an upset that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 onekillmagill

Well folks i think the selection for tonight has to be saints to beat the handicap. They have so much offensive talent and with Lions defence missing their star man i think this game could be a bit of a thumping. Lions arent really firing on offense either so the saints look good value to beat the 8 point handicap

two bets of interest in tonights nfl game. under 39 looks a decent bet with jaguars averaging just 12 points per game and the chargers arent playing so well either. also think the jaguars look decent value at 6/4. the chargers have lost 6 in a row and in the past 4 meetings of these two sides the home team has won

under 39 at 10/11 and jackson jaguars to win at 6/4 are my two bets for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

two bets of interest in tonights nfl game. under 39 looks a decent bet with jaguars averaging just 12 points per game and the chargers arent playing so well either. also think the jaguars look decent value at 6/4. the chargers have lost 6 in a row and in the past 4 meetings of these two sides the home team has won

under 39 at 10/11 and jackson jaguars to win at 6/4 are my two bets for tonight
    The Jaguars franchise is all over the place at the moment. Head coach and receiver coach fired last week, other coaching reassignments, the franchise has been put up for sale, and they've got more injured players than any other team in the league - link

The Chargers do suck but I think I'll have a very small punt on them.

wow couldnt of been much more wrong if i tried. was hoping the jaguars would be keen to impress new owner shahid khan but unfortunately not. chargers finally got it going on offense and jaguars defense looks terrible. the jaguars relied on maurice jones drew every play they made on offense so will have a look at jaguars next game and see what the handicap on them is, they truly looked terrible and have no head coach at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Having a new owner isn't going to make up for a terrible QB!!

true that. rivers had also been terrible coming into this game though so i was hoping he would continue with that run but unfortunately hes going well and as the commentators have just said rivers usually plays very well through december and january so the chargers could be a team to follow the next few weeks

They'll be only worth following cause they might mess things up for other teams...no hope of getting to the Playoffs though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Thought this might be of interest for a few posters on this thread, feel free to contribute:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056475725

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    They'll be only worth following cause they might mess things up for other teams...no hope of getting to the Playoffs though!

They still could. The Chargers are normally a good team this time of year and i think they'll hit a streak. They are 2 games behind Oakland and Denver. Oakland play Green Bay in a game which they will most likely lose. Denver host a banged up Chicago team. Denver normally collapse this time of year. The Chargers play a faltering Buffalo team next. If both Denver and Oakland lose this weekend and the Chargers win they are only 1 game behind with 3 to go. Realistically they need to win all remaining games which are tough. But there's still a chance they can make the playoffs.

going for steelers -14 tonight. two teams in very opposite directions pittsburgh going for the division title and browns have little to play for. steelers have won the last 4 meetings of these two teams by an average of 20.7 points so should see the 14 point handicap fairly comfortably

unbelievable. steelers offense was shocking, 2 fumbles in the red zone and a turnover on downs from the 1 yard line!!! still won by 11 points but could and definitely should of been alot more.

Didn't even deserve to win by 11!

yeah slip by a defender let them in for the 2nd TD with about 2 mins left. defensively they were great and had roethlisberger not got injured i think theyd of dominated that game. with him standing in the pocket and barely able to move they were fairly hopeless and their 2nd string quarterback doesnt look up to much

Ah man he was in for two drives I think it was...pinned back for one which he got sacked on! Second string for them is a toss up between Hatch and Leftwich...but don't think it'll matter...I'm sure been will just be resting up till Sunday week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Leftwich has been out for the season since September. Charlie Batch or Dennis Dixon would fill in

Steelers were awful for long periods of the game and should've been 7-0 down too. Browns easily earned their cover

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

who are people going with tonight...was thinking of the seahawks to cover the spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'm on under 38.5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Going with Pats and New Orleans both -6.5 for the weekend.

Will decide some more tomorrow.

Giants throwing this game against Redskins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Baltimore Ravens At San Diego Chargers

over 44 or under ?

100,000/1 that SD woulda had 7 sacks and Baltimore none...knew I shoulda took that bet :pac:

Gone for a small bet St Francisco -3 tonight vs The Steelers.

Steelers to win at 2.45 (moneyline) on Bet365 is too good to turn down tonight.

Good call!
    Steelers to win at 2.45 (moneyline) on Bet365 is too good to turn down tonight.

Shoulda turned it down!

Nice call. A lot of pundits were saying the 49ers wouldn't cover the spread.

Don't know that I've ever seen a qb have as long to throw the ball when Roethlisburger threw that second interception.

Cheers bud.

Felt it was going to be an easy win for San Fran especially because of the Ankle injury Ben has.

Felt more confident when I seen him at pre-match warmup. The guy was looking crushed.

Was a nice win anyway, looking forward to some bets this weekend.

Bet of the week IMO is Eagles to Beat Cowboys @ 21/20.

Serious value there.

If it doesnt happen then it will be seriously unlucky for them. I really believe they should be able to beat Romo and The Cowboys.

Dont lump on it, but I have a medium stake on it.

Serious value there.

If it doesnt happen then it will be seriously unlucky for them. I really believe they should be able to beat Romo and The Cowboys.

Will you be waiting to see the outcome of the Giants/Jets game before betting?

Will you be waiting to see the outcome of the Giants/Jets game before betting?

Possibly.

Im pretty confident on the eagles though to do it regardless.

Vick played great the other night, as did Romo but Philly have an edge. It will be a huge shock to Romos system to see who hes up against.

The handicap market doesnt tempt me as the line is 1.5 but I will be definitely be taking the 21/20.

Philly to win.

• Advertisement

Possibly.

Im pretty confident on the eagles though to do it regardless.

Vick played great the other night, as did Romo but Philly have an edge. It will be a huge shock to Romos system to see who hes up against.

The handicap market doesnt tempt me as the line is 1.5 but I will be definitely be taking the 21/20.

Philly to win.
    I think you're right about Vick. Reckon once my bets tonight (hopefully!) come in and I have some money I'll follow you :)

I think you're right about Vick. Reckon once my bets tonight (hopefully!) come in and I have some money I'll follow you :)

Good luck :) Im waiting on some nice bets to come in tonight too.

If the Giants win, the NFL will obviously be vouching for a Giants v Cowboys match but tbh I really can see the Eagles doing it.

Once the defense play a tight game around Romo and Vick is on form. It should be a lock.

Been looking through some stats all night and I reckon The Falcons are worth a punt at +6.5 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Anybody got any tips on the rest of tonights games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭BQQ

Good luck :) Im waiting on some nice bets to come in tonight too.

If the Giants win, the NFL will obviously be vouching for a Giants v Cowboys match but tbh I really can see the Eagles doing it.

Once the defense play a tight game around Romo and Vick is on form. It should be a lock.

Nice one photo-sniper. I took your recommendation.
    Never in doubt :)

Serious value there.

Boom :D

Hope yee got on.

Merry Christmas lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Yo, anyone have any tips tonight in the basketball? I have taking Miami -24.5 in play and have the clippers tonight -5.5 not sure if it's a good bet.

Boom :D

Hope yee got on.

Merry Christmas lads.
    By a mile. Was gonna take them on the spread but would never have gone for the money without your tip, thanks! :D

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Yo, anyone have any tips tonight in the basketball? I have taking Miami -24.5 in play and have the clippers tonight -5.5 not sure if it's a good bet.
    You took Miami -24.5?....madness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

They were on top, Dallas were muck. They led by around 33/4 points at one stage. Ah well.

Advertisement