Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbe

• 11-09-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I have been hovering around the site for the past couple of weeks as I have just got back on a bike after nearly 20 odd years. The good news is I am really enjoying it and can now do 25 -30 miles .

The bad news is when I am on the bike I get a numb feeling in my left wrist only,this usually occurs after about half an hour. I also get a vice like feeling in my feet. I have tried slackening off the straps on the shoes when this happens but it doesn't do any good and I wonder is this particular problem is anything to do with the position of the cleats ?

If anybody can shed some light on these two problems I would be very grateful and would it be worth my while going to somebody to get fitted properly and if so can you recomend someone and what the cost is likely to be

Thanks

Dub 24

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Well done on the distances.

Numbness in the hands can be caused by you compressing the ulnar nerve - decent gloves and regular hand position changes are the usual remedies suggested for avoiding it.

Others can offer more advice in your feet, but again it's to do with position and where your toes are pointing as you pedal. Flat is better.

You might also get someone to have a look at your overall position on the bike, or even consider going for a bikefitting session, although these can be pricey.

Advertisement