Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding for the P-660HW-T1 v3

Options
  • 11-09-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Trying to get a game working and it needs the following ports opened, TCP27015-27015 TCP27014-27050 UDP3478-4380 UDP27000-27050.

The router isn't listed on portforward.com, similar ones but not that specific model. Anyone got any help for me please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Trying to get a game working and it needs the following ports opened, TCP27015-27015 TCP27014-27050 UDP3478-4380 UDP27000-27050.

The router isn't listed on portforward.com, similar ones but not that specific model. Anyone got any help for me please?

Hi Chaos Marine
    you should be careful when opening ports. Have you had a look at this site http://portforward.com/
    You may find your router there, and instructions on how to do this.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

If you'd done more than just glanced at the title you'd have realised that I stated I couldn't find the model of router on portforward.com, I could find a similar one but not the one with the Eircom UI. I tried opening ports but it didn't work properly. Had to restore the router to factory defaults, Eircom should really start issuing better routers. And to stay away from Zyxel. Their routers are the Ladas of networking and are repeatedly and universally panned for the joke they are. If Eircom started giving out proper routers there wouldn't be anywhere near as much anti-Eircom sentiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

If you'd done more than just glanced at the title you'd have realised that I stated I couldn't find the model of router on portforward.com, I could find a similar one but not the one with the Eircom UI. I tried opening ports but it didn't work properly. Had to restore the router to factory defaults, Eircom should really start issuing better routers. And to stay away from Zyxel. Their routers are the Ladas of networking and are repeatedly and universally panned for the joke they are. If Eircom started giving out proper routers there wouldn't be anywhere near as much anti-Eircom sentiment.
    Long story short is the Zyxel is a nightmare, eircom don't have anymore Netopia's and instead ship these pieces of crap out. Best thing to do is to go on adverts.ie and search "Eircom Netopia". I picked up a used one a week ago for 10 quid and the Zyxel has been thrown in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Chaos Marine
    apologies, I did actually read the whole post, and not sure how I missed the portforward ref :o
    Tony

Advertisement