Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing English After the LC??

• 11-09-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all!

Basically I want to get a degree in English after the Leaving Cert, and not to be leaving the CAO last minute, I want to come up with courses to fill it up with stuff I actually want to do. I'm also very interested (and quite accomplished) on computers, so I've been looking for computer courses too (anything with graphic design etc.)

I don't do an extra language after Irish, so I'm limited as to Universities I can go to. (I know it seems like it was a bad idea but I found Spanish so hard that I didn't want the added stress of worrying about passing a subject. I kept Biology, and in that and could get an A, so I figured I'd strive to get the right points at least).

Courses I'm already interested in are:
    English and History
    English and New Media
    New Media and Journalism

These are in U.L. and the points are realistic for me. Courses of 500+ points are unrealistic as regards my potential, so if you know of courses that would be less than, or only a little greater than 450 points I'd be well and truly gratified.

Extra Note: I won't be living away from home so anything in the Munster region would be preferable. Limerick would be ideal, or Cork even. But if you do know of any courses that would basically get me a degree in English, or some other computer courses, I'd really appreciate it.

*Cyber Hugs* and thanks in advance. :D:D:D:D

Advertisement