Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe master suite CS5.5

Options
  • 11-09-2011 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi Guys

Just recently started a marketing course and one of the modules is multimedia where we were told we need Adobe master suite CS5.5desperately need this software but it costs about 700 euro for only the student version so was wondering does anyone know anyone who can get this cheaper or have a spare copy to sell even a second hand one

any help would be much appreciated would buy it for the full price but i also need a new laptop to run it on which is cleaning me out...I know its a long shot but thought id as anyway

cheers Dan

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

dannybhoy wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Just recently started a marketing course and one of the modules is multimedia where we were told we need Adobe master suite CS5.5desperately need this software but it costs about 700 euro for only the student version so was wondering does anyone know anyone who can get this cheaper or have a spare copy to sell even a second hand one

any help would be much appreciated would buy it for the full price but i also need a new laptop to run it on which is cleaning me out...I know its a long shot but thought id as anyway

cheers Dan

Do you really need the suite or just certain programmes (Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver/Flash etc.). Also it is ridiculous to expect students to purchase the full suite, as you say its expensive, they are probably hinting you pirating it, but thats not a solution or one that would come reccomended. Would a trial version do? I think Adobe give a months trial and you could possibly get an extension if you contact them. I'd talk to your course advisor anyway regarding it!

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dannybhoy

I know it is ridiculous the lecturer said we needed the full suite but i cant see how we will need everything we are actually producing a banner ad with video , animation sound etc as our assessment...He didnt offer any suggestions ...I have looked at the trial but thats it then u have to buy the full version its a head reck cos if we dont get it ASAP we will fall behind ....cheers for your response tho

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How long would you be using it for? You can get a 30 day trial from Adobe if you only need for 3 or 4 weeks..

well i need it till December anyway before xmas exams so 30 days i just wont get away with ....Just cant beleive the price I know its a great piece of software but just shocked me thats all im usre something will happen ive put enough messages out there

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

I know this is slightly off topic but what course are you doing or who is it with that they didn't tell you that before starting!? And you need all that software for 1 module - sounds like a lot of software for one TBH.

You might find it hard to get someone to sell their copy for much less than the going rate since CS5.5 is the latest version.

If you're in third level you'll get these discounts - not sure what the specific level is if you were in say a FETAC course to get the discounts - but the cheapest (€605) I could find is through the software4students crowd available here

Just make sure if you went this route that you actually qualify because they won't refund you if it turns out your not an eligible student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Try Software4Students.ie, they sell software with big discounts from Adobe seeing as you're a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

http://www.micromail.com/
    micromail is another option.

Cheers for all the messages software for students is an option but again isnt cheap just checked out micromail ? is that for business's tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I doubt you would need the entire Master suite. There is also the Design Premium package which will probably have the software you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Please don't crosspost the same thread across multiple forums. Pick one, and leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

There is absolutely no way you need the master suite for a 3 month course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

It's like doing a cookery course and having to bring your own oven... sort of

Where is this course OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭HairMonster

It sounds to me the lecturer is being lazy and putting the onus on the students to work out what they need and how to get it. Its easier for him/her to say "yeah you need everything".

Did you try approaching the lecturer and explaining that the full suite is too much to expect a student to spend, and asking which programmes you really do need to get through the course? Its easy to dismiss 1 person so maybe if a gang of you go together you might get a more helpful response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Let's be honest. The lecturer just expects you to pirate everything. I don't think they should encourage that.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭HairMonster

p wrote: »
    Let's be honest. The lecturer just expects you to pirate everything. I don't think they should encourage that.
    Exactly. So many courses depend on students having software they can't afford to buy legit. Adobe might be the industry standard, but unless they state it beforehand so you know what you are signing up for they should use software thats free or at least more reasonably priced.
    If its a reputable course and they ask the lecturer he can't come out and condone piracy directly, so he'll have to think about what they really will need to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 darrenz21

dannybhoy wrote: »
    Hi Guys

cheers Dan

Interested in this software as well any luck dannybhoy

Darren

Advertisement