Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best budget smartphone? (100 to 150 euros)

Options
  • 11-09-2011 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I have very little knowledge of phones, thinking of picking one up soon.

Anything that really stands out at the mo?

Looking for a good all-rounder, easy-to-use, camera, browser

Sim-free

Touchscreen or good QWERTY keypad I haven't decided yet.

If someone could just point me towards a few phones worth considering maybe, would be very cool

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Stingerbar wrote: »
    I have very little knowledge of phones, thinking of picking one up soon.

Anything that really stands out at the mo?

Looking for a good all-rounder, easy-to-use, camera, browser

Sim-free

Touchscreen or good QWERTY keypad I haven't decided yet.

If someone could just point me towards a few phones worth considering maybe, would be very cool

thanks

I am in a similar boat to yourself but you forgot to mention the most important aspect
    BATTERY LIFE

I bought my 1st smartphone 6 weeks ago its the vodafone branded cheapo for €69.

Brilliant little phone i paid €49 via fatcheese however the battery is not great and the connection for earbuds is broken already.

I only use mine for light use as i have a business phone as well.

Any advice on a reasonably priced long life battery powered smartphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

There is no long life battery available for smartphones afaik. I have trwled long & hard to find one:(. Its a known problem with these phones on account of the number of applications they are running. If you get anything over 48 hours, you are doing well.

Advertisement