Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My car was stolen last night

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Was that Bolands? Grand scrappies is that, yer man that own it is sound enough to chat to aswell.

Yeah that's the one, just at the top of the hill before the turn for airside? Absolute gentleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jaysus

I blame Shining Path

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭pcardin

OP, how did your insurance sort this out for you? Did you get money from them to buy another car?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

gang of young scumbags attempted to rob my motorbike from outside a neighbours house 3 years ago.we didnt have a drive in and my good neighbours let me park it there when visiting the aul folks.
    anyway ,long story short,alarm goes off ,i ran out but they all legged it.i recognised one of them.
    use to play with his older brother when i wasyounger.fastforward 2 years, and the same little scummer was on the news.he'd been shot by another scummer.
    now i'm not sayin he deserved it over me bike,but i wont shed any tears either.Feckim!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭trellheim

<truestory>
    sitting at the corner of papal cross car park sunday before last ( a sunny one) talking to the family, about 3pm, car park jammers of course, heard a roar, scumbag was trying rob a motorbike, owner saw him and legged after him, yer man panicked and jumped head first into the micra full of other scummers and headed off, made my day seeing his legs sticking out the passenger window and the micra zooming off, somewhat like wacky races

If he'd been stopped he was a dead man, zooming off at that speed among so many small kids in the park

Daylight robbery : keep an eye on your stuff.

</truestory>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Local car mechanic was telling a story of a Garda who left his car outside of the mechanic's house and garage in the early hours of the morning for the mechanic to do some work on. When the mechanic got up in the morning to pull the car into the garage hadn't some fucker come along and smashed both mirrors. He called the Garda to tell him the bad news but the Garda just laughed and told him not to worry about it. The following day when the Garda came to pick up the car the Garda told him he had found the two scumbags who smashed the mirrors. He simply strolled into one of the shops across the road, asked for CCTV and used it to locate the 2 lads who broke the mirrors. Played the DVD for the mechanic and all.

Long story short, had it been a Garda's car instead of yours OP they'd have found the fuckers by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Seachmall wrote: »

Long story short, had it been a Garda's car instead of yours OP they'd have found the fuckers by now.

I don't like posting in a necro'd thread, but was there CCTV across the road from the OP's house last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Jaysus

thread is 6 months old :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I don't like posting in a necro'd thread, but was there CCTV across the road from the OP's house last year?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Castleknock in Dublin 15. It could be worse, at least I and my housemates are OK.

12 year old car....in Castleknock? So let me get this straight....it's not a 11 D reg or later? Are you sure you are living in Castleknock?

Seriously though...sucks to have the car stolen. I've had 3 motorbikes nicked...still trying to replace the last one.

Ya know...if you ask around Cherry Orchard, you'll probably get the name of the scum who did this. Scumbags can't keep their mouths shut and love to brag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

logic wrote: »
    thread is 6 months old :confused:

I didn't bump it.. my post was in reply to the rantings of some passing lunatic which seems to have been deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Seachmall wrote: »
    Yes.

don't see it mentioned in any of his posts in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 turbotomie

My friends Honda Integra was stolen in Santry a few weeks ago and was found in Cherry Orchard. According to the Gardai in Ballyfermot the Cherry Orchard area is a nightmare when it comes to stolen car's.

I didn't think stolen car's was a big problem anymore and am puzzled as to why they would travel so far to steal a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I'm sorry, this is all I can think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcNpXmr-Ps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

Ha Ha!!

Poster banned

bye bye c.unt bag

Mod: Banned

Advertisement