Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ELF products .

• 11-09-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

just wondering if anyone has used any of the ELF products?? saw a review about them and was just wondering has anyone used them before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

hiya,
    i have a few elf bits and i find it great for the price.
    love all the lipgloss's and lipstick's and there shimmering eye pencils are lovely. bronzer is quite good aswell, mascara is also quite good.

they actually have a 50% sale on at the min its great!

postage is around €5.

250KFB is the code you enter at the checkout to avail of the 50% sale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭shell10

Oh brilliant ! thats always a plus and an excuse to try them out!! :)

how long is the sale on for do u no ??

i read aload of reviews on the primer its meant to be incredible then i had a little browse at everything else :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I bought a load of stuff from their site last time they had a 50% off. I haven't managed to try everything yet but the bits I have, I've loved.

The liquid lipsticks are great, so easy to apply, no mess and great colours.
    I like the matte eye shadows to wear on their own or they are good as a base to other shadows.
    I've also tried the liquid liners, I have a navy one that is a gorgeous deep colour and doesn't budge all day.
    I have a load of their eye liner pencils, brightening ones and normal ones. Good application with them, good pigment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I have mixed results from ELF but have got some great stuff. Some of the studio brushes are very good, the mineral shadows & lipsticks, studio blusher (not the peachykeen, that's got too much glitter for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

shell10 wrote: »
    Oh brilliant ! thats always a plus and an excuse to try them out!! :)

how long is the sale on for do u no ??

i read aload of reviews on the primer its meant to be incredible then i had a little browse at everything else :)

its valid till 2AM on the 12th uk time...

if Your on facebook hers the link to there page.
    great to find out about there offers

http://www.facebook.com/elfcosmeticsUK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭shell10

Order placed but of course didn't think it tru and forgot to add stuff.. Does any of ye no if u can add on stuff to the order or how often the 50% comes around??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ive used a few pieces and they're a great little budget brand! Cant fault it for the price! If you follow them on twitter you get loads of free postage offers and discounts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

shell10 wrote: »
    Order placed but of course didn't think it tru and forgot to add stuff.. Does any of ye no if u can add on stuff to the order or how often the 50% comes around??

They seem to come around fairly often. Six or eight weeks ago was when I bought my stuff for 50% off but they've had other different offers since then, so you might as well hang on, it'll be back soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Sign up to the email newsletter and they will tell you whenever a special offer is on.
    I bought some products based on hype and am sadly not a fan. Had to throw out the lipgloss as it was so sticky, the creme eye shadows wre an awful texture and colour. The nail varnish is all right. I like the liquid liner pen I got but it's already starting to dry up and the colour is weaker - the essence or boots ones last way longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I have TONNES of things from ELF. I really like their Studio Range Blushes, I use them religiously!

I also really really love their Mineral Lipsticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 spicykat

i just got my ELF package today by post and had to try it out straight away, as i wasnt really trusting such cheap make up... from what ive noticed, their lipglosses are fine, i ordered 2 different ones, they do stay on long enough. Also got face primer, also would reccomend. Got two glitter eye liners, just put them on, very soft, easy to blend, we shall wait and see how long will they stay on for.
    ELF concealer/highlighter, does what it supposed to do, very light, but not alot of it in the tube.
    Elf bronzer, also one of the things i would reccomend, works great.
    Elf all over colour stick-a bit useless, unless you want to highlight your eyes or something.
    Elf liquid eyeshadow-not too much of it, cant really see it, got it in golden colour, probably wouldnt get it again...
    well thats my experience with Elf make up range for now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Saaron wrote: »
    I have TONNES of things from ELF. I really like their Studio Range Blushes, I use them religiously!

Are the studio brushes much better than the regular/mineral ones? Other than the sleek black handles it's sorta hard to tell from the pictures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

pow wow wrote: »
    Are the studio brushes much better than the regular/mineral ones? Other than the sleek black handles it's sorta hard to tell from the pictures!

Much much much better! Denser bristles, hairs don't fall out as much and softer on the skin, no pulling and scratching really. Have found them easier to clean too :)

Advertisement