Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHAT THREAD for ex-Katia storm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Moderate, steady rain here in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Iancar29 wrote: »
    hahaa my one saying the same! but with the pressure dropping so it will change very soon :)

U must be NEAR where i live! ....... * WAVES OUT WINDOW *

I must be near the both of yes *waves* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bomany

15 miles from Donegal coast. Awful day. But rain has stopped in last hour or so. Calm before the storm - definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Hi guys, up in County Derry here! Sustained wind earlier was about 23mph, with gusts up to 38mph, according to the Met Office. It's eased off a little now- 19mph sustained, 32mph gusts. Just a little bit of rain so far. Quite looking forward to have tonight and tomorrow has to bring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

IM AWAKE! ha :)

OK looks like the chase is A GO! :)

Shall'll be reporting [B]LIVE [/B]from achill island hopefully by midday 2moro!

SHOULD BE FUN!!

WIsh i had a portable anemometer ! :(

I was on Achill Island for a storm before, Keel campsite it was crazy. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I was on Achill Island for a storm before, Keel campsite it was crazy. Good luck

Cheers,

Heres one of my videos from last year's Carmen storm in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

IM AWAKE! ha :)

OK looks like the chase is A GO! :)
    Shall'll be reporting [B]LIVE [/B]from achill island hopefully by midday 2moro!

SHOULD BE FUN!!

WIsh i had a portable anemometer ! :(

If you were passing my door in Galway i'd give you the hand-held anemometer, I'm not gonna get a chance to go chasing.

just like this one
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/228204/174044.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Eeerily clam here now.

Fairly high tide but the sea is relatively calm too in Clew Bay.

Ominous signs that something BIG is coming, I fear this could be a Biggie, becareful out there folks perilous conditions lay ahead.

Wonder if Achill will get any Tornadoes this time around? Next time a biggie like this is on its way stormwatchers should plan a camping trip to the Bills Rocks off Achill. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

If you were passing my door in Galway i'd give you the hand-held anemometer, I'm not gonna get a chance to go chasing.

AH really?... where did you get one?... i should of just gotten one online ahwile back :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Gonna craic open a few cans and hope for the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Still eerily calm away from coast in sligo. . . . . . .

Eerily calm on the coast in Sligo as well, have had gusts and rain all day, but for the last hour or so, everything's stopped and its very still outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

What part of Galway? We'll be coming in from the M6 and heading towards Headford, ETA for Galway is 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

Calm and dry in Clonmel.

Much better than yesterday, apalling showers and gale force gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

ISDW wrote: »
    Eerily calm on the coast in Sligo as well, have had gusts and rain all day, but for the last hour or so, everything's stopped and its very still outside.

Yip, its hard to believe its so close.
    Had far worse here on friday...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

AH really?... where did you get one?... i should of just gotten one online ahwile back :(
    I, eh, borrowed it from work...They didn't need it anymore and it was probably headed for the bin so let's call it recycling.

I'll try it out tomorrow, there's a little bit of open land behind me, but I always get strange looks from the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,601 ✭✭✭Penfailed

North Donegal here - it's windy...but nothing unusual TBH.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Standing out in the garden here. Wind has died considerably. Grey clouds but dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Holy Sh1t over 300 plus viewing this foum... Is there snow on the way?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

What are the chances of flight delays at Dublin Airport tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Has there been an update from MT since this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

jessie37 wrote: »
    Has there been an update from MT since this morning?

He just updated the other Katia thread

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my brother is coming in on the ferry from fishguard tomorrow.

he got caught up in snowgate at christmas.

so i think we should just look at his travel plans and predict weather around it

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

& Just for the giggle factor - The set blew away earlier on Game of Thrones !!!!

Gone dead calm out the back garden ......... Wonder what we will be like in the East !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Cheers,

Heres one of my videos from last year's Carmen storm in November.

So we'll be seeing one from this trip so then :p

When are you getting a GoPro HD Ian?

Steady rain from the south at the moment here in West Limerick. Very light occassional breeze and still reasonably warm. Well I'm still in a tee shirt but that's pretty normal for me at the best of times :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

At what strength does the wind become dangerous were it could knock over a person or were it is unsafe to face the gusts in the open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

dexter647 wrote: »
    Holy Sh1t over 300 plus viewing this foum... Is there snow on the way?:D

First we get the potential for a reasonable wind event, then you go and bring snow into the equation :eek: Excellent :D

Looking forward to snow watch later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

and here comes the rain.still only a mild breeze though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

Rain arrives in Clonmel,
    Pressure 997
    Temp 13,8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

moderate constant rain in limerick with no wind at all. Trees barely moving...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Any chance the storm could do something unpredictable like move closer to Ireland and intensify?

Advertisement