Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Baby Has Finally Arrived !!!

Options
  • 11-09-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Lads, Just a few pix of my new arrival !!!
    After many months of waiting and missing out on the first 2 weeks of the season my new TikKa T3 Lite Stainless in .270 Win has arrived.
    I've put my NightForce 5.5-22X56 scope on top, a Harris Bipod and a A-Tec moderator on the end.
    Now I just need to get me a deer !!!

gun4.jpg

gun1-1.jpg

gun3-1.jpg

gun2-2.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

i have the same in 223 and i love it . well wear hope you dont have to wait long for that deer;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Looking good, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jhcossie

lovely looking set up:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Great looking rifle, and good choice of caliber.

Well wear.:cool:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

well wear vick, that is an excellent package you have there. there wont be a deer safe in the country ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Great looking set up well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Perfect setup you got there! Couldn't be better. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Best of luck lad, well wear. Now get out there and get a couple of nice freezer fillers!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Indeedy! Well wear and happy and safe shooting with her!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Now all you have to do is Blood it on some wickla deer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Now all you have to do is Blood it on some wickla deer!

If the opportunity ever arises to shoot in Wickla, I'll be taking it up pronto !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

The only thing I don't like are the rings, everything else is a fecking brilliant choice.

Quality rifle, excellent caliber and superb optics.

Enjoy it.

Actually what was the wait for Vix? License application, sourcing the rifle, deer license?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Good luck with it vixdname.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

A beauty Happy Hunting

Vegeta wrote: »
    The only thing I don't like are the rings, everything else is a fecking brilliant choice.

Quality rifle, excellent caliber and superb optics.

Enjoy it.

Actually what was the wait for Vix? License application, sourcing the rifle, deer license?

Howya Vegeta, the rings are Warne rings and all if not most of them have the screws top & bottom rather then the usual side to side ones, I thought they were a bit odd at first but actually like them now, Warne are a good brand so I went towards reliability in the field.

The wait was that this is my first year stalking and I had to try and get everything organised before the start of the new season:
    I had to try and get permissions first before applying for a deer calibre rifle but permissions weren't forthcoming but a friend of mine said I could join him in his dads lease which was great.
    I trawled the net for a good light weight stalking rifle & calibre within my budget and finally picked the Tikka T3 Lite in .270.
    I went with my FCA 1 form to my local sarg. who said that he'd try and see if he could get me a substitution from my .223 to .270 (Which I thought would be too good to be true).
    In the meantime I had to complete the HCAP so as I could stalk in Coillte woods.
    I got refused the substitution (Surprise surprise!!!) and had to wait till my coillte permits and Hunting license came through and then reapply again for the .270.
    I had to have a meeting one on one with the super and go over everything with a fine tooth comb and at last 2 weeks later, the license arrived after paying up in the post office. I headed to John Lamberts on Saturday afternoon and collected the rifle, I was like a big child heading down in the car !!! But feck it, it was worth it and I only missed two weeks of the new season !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

vixdname

great setup there, i use the warne mounts on both my rifles, a tikka t3 lite and sauer202 they are a great set of mounts, didnt have to rezero the rifles all last season.

what ammo are you planning on using in the rifle.

dr6.5

DR6.5 wrote: »
    vixdname

great setup there, i use the warne mounts on both my rifles, a tikka t3 lite and sauer202 they are a great set of mounts, didnt have to rezero the rifles all last season.

what ammo are you planning on using in the rifle.

dr6.5

I'm using Federal 130Gr Ballistic Tipped rounds, what do you usually use in you rifles DR.6.5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

In the tikka 25-06 i used federal ballistic tips in both 85 and 100 grain both are great rounds.

In the 6.5 im using 95 grain hornady vmax homeloads.

A lad i shoot with uses the 130 federal btips in his .270 and swears by them.

dr6.5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

vixdname wrote: »
    Howya Vegeta, the rings are Warne rings and all if not most of them have the screws top & bottom rather then the usual side to side ones, I thought they were a bit odd at first but actually like them now, Warne are a good brand so I went towards reliability in the field.

Don't mind me on the rings front, I just had a bad experience with them so wouldn't go for them in the future. They were fine and sturdy and never came loose on a heavy recoiling rifle. The pair I had were just badly matched and the scope needed all of it's windage adjustments to get close to a zero.
    I was like a big child heading down in the car !!! But feck it, it was worth it and I only missed two weeks of the new season !!!

I love getting new shooting gear :D Best of luck with it, it'll serve you well I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Excellent choice of rifle,
    I have a tikka t3 varmint in 6,5x55 on the way too.
    Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Hi vixdname,
    Sweet looking setup. do you mind me asking what is the aprox cost of such a setup as would be interested in something similar for next year so just wondering what to budget.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Ware well and shoot straight. enjoy .

Fish

Hi vixdname,
    Sweet looking setup. do you mind me asking what is the aprox cost of such a setup as would be interested in something similar for next year so just wondering what to budget.
    Thanks

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi vixdname,
    Thanks

A small credit union loan over 36 months ;)

But well worth it!
    Although the looks they give ya when you say you wanna buy a gun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

A small credit union loan over 36 months ;)

But well worth it!
    Although the looks they give ya when you say you wanna buy a gun :D
    Im sure youve looked for loans for worse things tack.;)

Advertisement