Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what Loader to get

• 11-09-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

I have a MF 362 which is a nice compact tractor for what I do.

The thing is I need a Loader for simple work like stacking Hay in the shed, taking out dung of the shed etc.

However all the loaders I see have brackets for a particular type of tractor e.g MF 390. However am I right in saying these would not be suitable for mine,

There is plenty of loaders suitable on done deal etc but where would I get brackets for them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Have you thought about putting one on the 3 point linkage? Rossmore used to make one.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

blue5000 wrote: »
    Have you thought about putting one on the 3 point linkage? Rossmore used to make one.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2509865

like this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

yep that is an option but would prefer to get the front loader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

What about getting an old matbro loader Id say ya could get an old one for round 5 k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I don't think it would take a whole lot of work to modify brackets to suit your tractor. Years ago I modified the brackets on our David Brown to suit the hole pattern on the chasis. A bit of cutting and welding, but it can be done.
    A starting point would be to compare the hole pattern on both trators, i.e 362 and the 390.
    Maybe an MF dealer would have the answer for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Check with your massey dealer, they should be able to tell you.

An alternative would be to ring rossmore engineering and ask them, they make their own brackets for their loaders so would be able to tell you what will match what, or alternatively if it was a rossmore loader they'd either modify or trade in a set of brackets to suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

JohnBoy wrote: »
    Check with your massey dealer, they should be able to tell you.

An alternative would be to ring rossmore engineering and ask them, they make their own brackets for their loaders so would be able to tell you what will match what, or alternatively if it was a rossmore loader they'd either modify or trade in a set of brackets to suit.

Thanks Johnboy, Will check that option out also. Want to keep the costs down so Will check out all options. Ideally would like to find a way of getting brackets to suit a MF 80 loader or similar as they are pretty plentiful and cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭MANSFIELD

Here is a MF 80 loader with brackets for 750 euro

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2531280

Advertisement