Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Out of action?

• 11-09-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭

Just came between a bolting horse and the road.......think I'm out of action for a bit. Hospital or not? Supposed to be in work at 8 tomorrow. Doubt it's broken but can't type with it. Main hand also!

sdc13569k.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

This is the reason to be careful out there! I was lucky!!!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Big bruise that. Be careful next time;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Are you sure you didn't get another tatt?:D:D:D

Might be no harm to get it x-rayed, there is a lot of small bones in the wrist

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Better to be safe then sorry, have it looked at by someone who knows what they're doing.

blue5000 wrote: »

Might be no harm to get it x-rayed, there is a lot of small bones in the wrist

Smart arse! I dunno, where the red line is,, is where my left arm hit it. So I basically punched myself.......at speed.:confused: Good thing it's not calving season. Show sale tomorrow at work, may just call nowdoc anc see what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Karen112 wrote: »
    Just came between a bolting horse and the road.......think I'm out of action for a bit. Hospital or not? Supposed to be in work at 8 tomorrow. Doubt it's broken but can't type with it. Main hand also!

sdc13569k.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would be more inclined to go to the hospital than work if I had a bruise like that on my arm. You must have got a fair auld knock!

I would be more inclined to go to the hospital than work if I had a bruise like that on my arm. You must have got a fair auld knock!

From what I can guesstimate, 17.3hh horse galloping up a blind hill on a main road, me jockey style in stirrups standing and still talking in calm voice. If a car came I would be in much worse condition..... It'll teach me for schooling horses by myself I guess. When I work, I work, busy season for me! A bruise won't knock me back. Although now I think, the same arm was fractruded with a kick last year :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Karen112 wrote: »
    From what I can guesstimate, 17.3hh horse galloping up a blind hill on a main road, me jockey style in stirrups standing and still talking in calm voice. If a car came I would be in much worse condition..... It'll teach me for schooling horses by myself I guess. When I work, I work, busy season for me! A bruise won't knock me back. Although now I think, the same arm was fractruded with a kick last year :confused:

Ah but there's a bruise....and then there's your whole arm turning blue, Better off getting it looked at anyway I would say incase its fractured or sprained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

blue5000 wrote: »

Good one Blue!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...............Karen, It's far enough away from your Arse that you won't sit on it:D

Bizzum wrote: »
    Good one Blue!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...............Karen, It's far enough away from your Arse that you won't sit on it:D

I prefer to stand at work actually!:p
    Is there any way to hide my tattoo posts from ye??? Goddam witty farmers..... I suppose the doc should be called......just rang my cousin (a doc) and he says it shouldn't swell so much if just muscle damage:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

yikes! you will be doing well not to have a break there id say..

Right, Nowdoc say to leave it til tomorrow, see how it does. So it'll be Wednesday before treatment with the sales I've to work in! Panadol shall be used copiously.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

would keeping your arm in a basin of cold water with ice keep to stop it from swelling ?

To be very exact, the scrape across the middle is where my left arm hit my right. So any math genius would be able to tell you what force I was hit at!:confused: All I know is that it's very painful. Anadin has been bought for work tomorrow!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hi, op just noticed you post on my wanderings around boards, something like Ibuprofen might be better as its an anti-inflamatory oh and get some arnica cream if you can it will help with the bruising, hope you heal up quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

my chest looks like that after i asked my oh to go down and put on a fry for breakfast this mor and bring it up to me in bed so i could watch the match in bed:D,wont ask again:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Ok folks, at this point in the thread I'm bound to step in and ask that no medical advice is to be given. GP or Hospital visit is the best and safest course of action. No offense to Karen or any poster here, more of a preventative post just in case, this is the reason why:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_guidelines#faq_bie_faq_guidelines_medicalpro

johngalway wrote: »
    Ok folks, at this point in the thread I'm bound to step in and ask that no medical advice is to be given. GP or Hospital visit is the best and safest course of action. No offense to Karen or any poster here, more of a preventative post just in case, this is the reason why:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_guidelines#faq_bie_faq_guidelines_medicalpro

Thanking you, John, originally posting only to point out what can happen if you take a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thetangler

Hi karen112

How is the arm today ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Thanks John,
    How is the patient today, sorry couldn't resist the tatto comment, I bet it's a lovely colour today.;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Sore as fook! Had a great time explaining at work what happened.:(

Advertisement