Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to caravanning

• 11-09-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hey folks
    I've never owned a caravan before ,I spent best part of a couple summers in one when iwas in my early teens ,and a few stints in my Nans neighbours one when I was a kid ,
    I've always had the want for one but for one reason or another I couldn't
    well this year coming I'm going to bite the bullit
    I have the missus on board aswell so I'm good to go
    Normally what we do for holidays is go away for a couple of weeks in the sun around may and then another week in October
    We've given this October a miss and well give up our holidays next year so around march we will be in a position to buy one around the 3500 Mark

Can anyone recommend a type or size for the money
    I should be looking for 2 kids and two adults
    Also how much do those storage places charge to store a caravan per year
    At a guess it would be used for 5 or 6 weekends and a week or twos holiday per year so it would be stored for the remainder
    Thanks for reading
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭keithm1

Gulp :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

a few cheap ones to be got in bedfordshire, just need a bit of cleaning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

do a search on this sub-forum, the same issue came up a few times this year and detailed responses given at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

What are you going to be towing it with? No point in someone recommending a 25ft Hobby if you've only got a 1.6 Laguna as your tow-car ;)

Advertisement