Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can somebody lift my airsoft ban please

Options
  • 11-09-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey guys i need some help i was banned by the Mod Andy_g in the airsoft section think thats his name i cant remember sorry if you need me to ill find out but to the point now.
    I was banned for saying im 15 in my add but my birthday is on the 22 of this month and i will be 16 but this is my dads account and he is working out of Ireland but will be back on my birthday and he buys alot of airsoft stuff here and if he sees i got his account banned he will KILL me dont get me wrong hes a very nice guy but can overact with things like this im hoping he doesnt sign in and see this before i can get this resolved Can anybody help please? its kinda urgent

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hang on a minute, you're 15? You said you were only 14 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Trueskill3r

Sorry mate i dont have access to view that because im banned but yes im 15 heres my face book to prove it too <snip>
    Come on guys my dads a genuine buyer here ask anybody we deal with no hastle we just pay for it and enjoy it.And to be honest i cant remember a post i said i was 14 in if i did i must have pressed the wrong key or something.
    and i allways follow the rules mate i tried to post an add on adverts about airsoft and an admin directed me to this site and this is where my dad has been buying stuff for me ever scence

So if I were to input the e-mail address used to sign up Trueskill3r, your dad's account, into Facebook I'd be linked to his page and not the one you just posted above, would I?

Why do you want my email? i think you can get it from my facebook account and look here im allowed to have airsoft too my hole family plays it <snip> look at my pics on facebook we have loads of guns man Listen and dont take this the wrong way but i did nothing wrong at all i was trying to get a gun Just for myself none of those guns are MINE there either my dads or brothers or uncles and we all use this account to buy stuff but mostly my dad if you can give me just 1 more chance man even on my birthday 22/9 it would be great that way i could buy a gun for my self out of my birthday money and my dad wouldnt see that we got banned and somebody on the site would make money please man im begging you mate i have never done anything wrong on this site at all EVER i have never sold broken guns,scammed or cheated any body out of their money.

OK, I'm going to cut to the chase and tell you that I don't believe a word of what you've told me and that the account is yours, not your father's. On that basis I have to take into account Section 9D(2) of the Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 which states:
    (2) On and after the date of commencement of section 40 of the Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 it is an offence for a person to sell a realistic imitation firearm to a person under the age of 16 years.

As Boards cannot be seen to be used as a means to knowingly commit an offence, I have no option but to uphold the ban. Furthermore, as there is some doubt as to your real age, I will be upgrading the ban. As you're currently banned from the forum for a year, and because the system won't allow me to ban you for a specified period longer than that, the ban will appear as permanent. Given that you say your birthday is the 22nd, I will add a note to say that on request the ban may be lifted on 22/09/13.

• Advertisement

=[ i dont think this is very fair at all anyway my dad found out and it didnt end well so THANKS FOR HELPING :mad:

Anyway i dont think you know this but there is an age limit to Buy them bu there is no limit to own i could have had my parents collect it anyway so there

Anyway i dont think you know this but there is an age limit to Buy them bu there is no limit to own

This is why you're only banned from Airsoft Adverts and not Airsoft itself. I should also have mentioned that any attempt to circumvent this ban by creating a new account will result in a siteban for both accounts.

You do know you can use proxys and incognito to see banned adds? you may want to fix that

We may, and then again we may just prefer to catch re-regs and ban them. However if you just want to see the ads you don't need to go to that trouble, all you have to do is log out. Of course off-thread dealing is a bannable offence too...

Anyway, I think we're done and dusted here so I'm locking this one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement