Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O/U shot gun for sale

• 11-09-2011 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

for sale minstrel o/u shot gun. a basic but reliable gun ideal for beginner or casual shooter.
    i have used it rough shooting and breaking a few casual clays, never a problem.
    i have a graw for a remington 870 so that is why i am selling this one

€300 ono will secure deal.

it is currently in mick dougens on kerry

304f4a40.jpg
    203b916c.jpg
    761c599c.jpg
    2918ba7b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

Lovely looking Gun what size 28" or 30" mate not too far from me is interested in getting started but has been looking at lots of Guns I think he is getting too carried away looking at too much now better just getting a good Gun and starting from there,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

Looking at the last Photo it's a 28" am I right,

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monte

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    thats a clean gun and its going very cheap buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭kay 9

Is that an xs 650 it's sitting on or an 1100?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

kay 9 wrote: »

Neither, I would say as the XS 11 is a in four and the the 650 is much older paralell twin... that looks like a V twin virago 535 or similar.

Back to the gun... how old and is it multi choke???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Tawny Owl wrote: »

i think its 28" but i will check and let you know.

its a virago that was outside the dealers shop when i brought it in to sell it. he has it now. mick dougan is his name
    not his bike by the way.

Neither, I would say as the XS 11 is a in four and the the 650 is much older paralell twin... that looks like a V twin virago 535 or similar.

Back to the gun... how old and is it multi choke???

well spotted on the bike,

no it is not multi choke, just fixed choke, single trigger,

thanks for the interest lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

It was a 250 virago, that was outside Micks the evining Poulo handed in his Gun.

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Does that have shell ejectors? what kind of safety is on it? does it come on automatically after breaking open?/can you change which barrel fires first with the safety?

Merch wrote: »
    Does that have shell ejectors? what kind of safety is on it? does it come on automatically after breaking open?/can you change which barrel fires first with the safety?

safety is behind the opening leaver, slide forward to fire.

it does not automatically come on when opened

it does not have ejectors

if i remember correctly the top barrel fires first

its a basic but reliable shot gun thats why its going for that price.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

It is a good price, Id prefer the safety doesnt come on automatically anyway, but I just read that it is fixed choke, if it had that option, I'd jump on it, plus if it was a bit nearer, I'm only starting to look out for something now, might try for one that has options for the choke.
    Thanks anyway.

Merch wrote: »
    It is a good price, Id prefer the safety doesnt come on automatically anyway, but I just read that it is fixed choke, if it had that option, I'd jump on it, plus if it was a bit nearer, I'm only starting to look out for something now, might try for one that has options for the choke.
    Thanks anyway.

no worries lad happy hunting;)

Advertisement