Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civic coupe question

• 11-09-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭

Specifically the 96 - 00' shape. Recently put a New wing on one on behalf of my friend. One thing I noticed is the stamp under the bonnet says 'Honda of America'. It was sold new in Ireland which I would have imagined to be assembled in Honda Europe. Why does/would it say Honda of America? It's a right hand drive car.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

The part may have been made in the good auld US of A and shipped worldwide. American steel works etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

It's the identification plate on the bulk head that says this. I know the coupes were mainly built for the Americans but I would not have imagined the ones for the European Market to have been assembled in America also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Coupe was either built in the US or Japan, it was never built in Europe. Of that generation Civic the only European built model was the 5 door hatchback which was built along side the similarly styled Rover 400 in Swindon.

Advertisement