Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matthews Coach Question.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

280special wrote: »
    Well, Sillan used to do it , and as far as i know Capital who used to do the Dundalk-Dublin route did it as well, when they knew there was a chance of increased demand. Neither of these two have/had large fleets of coaches or are/were huge operations but they still managed it.

As regards Matthews with a bit of juggling it would be possible , for instance, to send the next departure's bus out as cover and then if needed arrange for an extra driver and bus to cover the later service...Yes it might be expensive, but what price good customer relations and good PR?

A happy customer will tell 3 or 4 people, an unhappy customer will tell... how many ??

Matthews often out on an extra bus at short notice if demand is up. It's hardly fair to expect any company to do it every time there are just 2 people over a full bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

kormak wrote: »
    @MugsMugs: I wasn't pointing the finger at you, rather rogieop

Get over it will you.

There is absolutely no way in hell you got a written warning in work for being late once! It just doesnt happen, there has to be previous. I take it after missing the bus you had the decency to ring in and inform your employers of your situation? Yet they still gave you a written warning for this once off late.

If you commute you leave early and anticipate delays. If you dont you run the risk of being late.

Its your fault you were late. end of story.

Word of advice, dont ever ring in sick, your company will probably fire you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

rogieop wrote: »
    Get over it will you.

There is absolutely no way in hell you got a written warning in work for being late once! It just doesnt happen, there has to be previous. I take it after missing the bus you had the decency to ring in and inform your employers of your situation? Yet they still gave you a written warning for this once off late.

If you commute you leave early and anticipate delays. If you dont you run the risk of being late.

Eh, Rogieop...
    Kormak wasn't the one with the written warning!
    I suggest you read people's posts before losing the rag with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

As someone who started this thread, Matthews Bus often leave with 5 busses Monday and Tuesday at 7AM. Two IFSC's Two Directs and a Via Drogheda. They once took a second direct around for only about 11 of us.

Think it was a once off problem and you can bet they haven't made that mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I thought Matthews do have stand by buses dotted along three points on the general route for emergencies? (breakdowns, overcrowded buses etc)

One is behind the old shopping centre in dundalk, one at smithstown diner and one near mountjoy square?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

rogieop wrote: »
    Get over it will you.

Ooooh easy there! wrong person you're quoting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kwoods

Lots of authorities on everything on here.

How would you know whether a person got a written warning or not? You have to assume people here are being honest otherwise why bother?

I know of companies who've given written warnings for any reason at all, because in these recessionary times (some) companies would love to let people go without paying redundancy. It does happen. I cant say the company but a friend of mine got a warning for coming in at 9.03. They were dying to get rid of staff.

So how come some randomer here knows the inner workings of all companies?? Its a big world out there beyond your own walls!

FYI back on topic, matthews are superb, they had a bus break down one day a couple weeks back and had a replacement within 5 minutes, handled efficiently and with good humour. If that was CIE we'd all be still at the side of the road.

Im outta here, too much time wasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

CMpunked wrote: »
    I thought Matthews do have stand by buses dotted along three points on the general route for emergencies? (breakdowns, overcrowded buses etc)

One is behind the old shopping centre in dundalk, one at smithstown diner and one near mountjoy square?

They usually have 2 or 3 behind the old SC in Dundalk. Unless they cut it to one now.

Dunny! wrote: »
    They usually have 2 or 3 behind the old SC in Dundalk. Unless they cut it to one now.

If there's 3 there one could be about to leave, one just coming in and another on their break. That's where they keep the buses before runs.

Advertisement