Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning parking in ITT

Options
  • 11-09-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

As above guys I am starting frist year in accoutning tomorrow and am wondering what time you would need to be at the college at for a car parking space. And in general what is parking like up there in the mornings.

Thanks lads and ladies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Most days 9.15 is the latest you'll get a spot, but even then you're pushing it. I started at 10am every day last year and was there for 8.40am to get a spot.

It's pretty awful really.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭gonko

Yeah I thought as much. I plan to be there for about 8.50-9am. First lecture is at 10am so probably just top up on the oul coffee before hand.
    And does the car park empty at all during the day. For example if I had an afternoon start; would I be better off getting the bus at that point?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Doesnt really start to empty until about 1.30-2pm onwards. Forget arriving at lunchtime, you'll be waiting in a queue for up to an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭gonko

Coolio. Thanks for the advice. Ill get there early in the mornings so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yea i had induction at 10am thurs, finding a spot was pretty hard. then friday it was pish simple!. but this morning (and i was slightly later due to the wind - say 5to9 instead of quarter to) it was pretty darn packed aswell. best off getting there earlier and going get a coffee or hang out in the SU or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Tiptopdel

I was talking to a lad from Astropark who used to be in the college and they were saying they would allow people to park in their car park for nominal fee as he was telling them what a nightmare the parking in the college after 9am was . If its €3 in the square, prob the same down there.
    Should check it out.

Advertisement