Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on child support

Options
  • 11-09-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Looking for advice wrt child support for my daughter

Recently (june) - had our 20th day in court . Ex doesn't like access given by judge...

I pay child support into account in for our daughter...I don't touch the account - Ex uses money.

In early August Ex said via her lawyer she had not received the money and to send it as asap.

I transferred the money again - and asked ex to let me know if there was a problem. No reply. I paid money again in August and September.

A few days ago - email from ex- asking me whether I was no longer financially supporting our daughter and she had no received any money from me since the end of trial (june)

Yesterday got info from my bank - saying two portions of money had been sent back - as the other bank account had been closed.

So can only presume ex closed the account into which the money is paid. About 75 euro bank charges for each of the two amounts sent back. Potentially 375 euro wasted in bank charges over the 5 payments.

What do I do now?

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

Would have thought that was pretty obvious - either contact your former wife and get the new bank a/c details and set up a standing order or pay the child maintenance by cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Pay the maintenance through your lawyer to her lawyer. They are officers of the court and will not lie about paying or receiving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

Orion wrote: »
    Pay the maintenance through your lawyer to her lawyer. They are officers of the court and will not lie about paying or receiving it.
    but they WILL charge!!!
    Kildrought wrote: »
    either contact your former wife and get the new bank a/c details and set up a standing order or pay the child maintenance by cheque.

or pay it into the District Court office. They will then pay your ex. That's how I do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

or pay it into the District Court office. They will then pay your ex. That's how I do it.

I was just looking that up - I had a feeling you could do this but wasn't sure. That's the best solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭OUTOFSYNC

Thanks for the replies

Yes - I've contacted ex - asked for new account...and then in six months the same thing?

If I go through a lawyer - you can add a few hundred on a year to costs...

Ex lives abroad - irish courts have no role.

The account has been used for over two years - and she closes it for no reason and of course money doesn't go through - I dot know what she's playing at - theres usually a point to her actions but I cant see it yet...

• Advertisement
Advertisement