Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

socket and plug

Options
  • 11-09-2011 9:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

we have two sheds on to each other. one has locking doors and built onto it is a shed which has one open side to it. we are getting a new diesel tank with a pump that needs electricity to run it. so i was going to mount a socket on the wall next to it and at the other side put a plug as in to make a permenant extension which can be plugged in and out in the lockable shed. so what wire would i need to look for and what strength to conect the plug and socket. I know how to wire the plug. does a double socket just have the same 3 wires connected into it. ground/ earth/ live etc aswell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdesbt

will an ordinary extension lead not do. if its goink to be left in place outside 2.5 sr nymj would do if its not somewhere too accesible or swa if its run along a more hazardous route..

i assume its a small single phase pump for fuel transfer,

Advertisement